An introduction to RSi.

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Tacoma, Tundra, F Series, Silverado...
RSI Logo.png

Hello.png

We are honored to be joining this thriving community and to get the chance to interact with you. From our inception in 2007, we've been driven by a passion for building smarter truck beds. Whether working with commercial fleet managers or individual truck owners, we're consumed with dreaming up ways to get the most out of a truck bed. So to have the chance to interact with you, fellow Jeep and truck enthusiasts, is very exciting to us.

As we are new to North America, it’s probably good for us to give you a little history of who we are and what we do.

RSi, which stands for Rock Solid Industries, started in 2007 in South Africa out of the garage of our founder, Michael Voss. The company got it starts manufacturing truck bed liners and slowly diversified into developing truck accessories for commercial fleets.

SmartCap Exploded View.png

SmartCap Headline.png

In 2012 we brought to market the SmartCap—the world's first modular designed stainless steel truck cap. The SmartCap was born out of the belief that a truck cap should be built from steel, just like a truck is. It shouldn't shatter like a fiberglass vase. It should be able to earn its scars the same way your truck does—one rugged adventure after another. And if you do damage your SmartCap, simply fix the panel or replace it.

Over the years we have continued to refine our SmartCap design, and in 2019 came to market with our new SmartCap EVO. The EVO took a whole different approach to how the cap could enhance the look of a truck, while also providing increased access to your cargo. Our new GullWing glass doors offer approximately 17% larger openings than most fiberglass caps.

SmartCap Gladiator Side View.png

SmartComponents Headline.png

We also felt a truck cap could do so much more than just create a contained protected space for your cargo. The same way Thule redefined how we use the tops of our vehicles, we could develop a system of components that plug-and-play with the SmartCap to let you build your truck bed to truly fit your life.

SmartComponents Kitchen.png

SmartTray Headline.png

In 2018 we brought to market our SmartTray bed replacement system. Whether you're into creating the ultimate overlanding machine, ranch, or farm truck, the SmartTray offers unbeatable versatility while also maximizing the space in and around the wheel wells for cargo storage. But that's just the foundation. Add a set of SmartSides to the SmartTray, and you get truck bed containment with flexible access to your load. Place a SmartCap XL on top of the SmartTray, and you instantly gain 72 cubic feet of spacious, protected storage and the absolute ultimate access to your bed and cargo.

SmartTray.png

SmartCap Headline copy.png

Over the past 13 years, RSi has grown into a team of 280 people, working out of an 80,000 square foot manufacturing facility. Our products are now sold in over 26 countries, including the United States and Canada.

Regardless of whether you decide to include us on your next truck build or not, we just love seeing people get the most out of their trucks and look forward to talking with you about your build. If there is ever anything you need from us (answers to questions, advice, great Traeger recipes, or good jokes:)) we are here for you, so please don't hesitate to ask.

Yours,

The RSi SmartCap Team

View attachment 72226
Visit RSiSmartCap.com to learn more about our products. Plus, order a SmartCap online and we will ship it directly to your home or a local dealer.

RSI Logo.png
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

clweed

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
What is the ordering process

ModdedJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded JK
Welcome to the site. What Gladiator products do you have available currently? The one in the image you posted looks nice.

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
What is the ordering process
Right now you can order a SmartCap EVO for a short or standard bed late model F150, Silverado, or Sierra. The products can be ordered directly from our site at RSiSmartCap.com. Once ordered, it can be shipped directly to your home or to a local dealer. Other model release dates, outside of what I've currently mentioned, are listed on the EVO product page

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Welcome to the site. What Gladiator products do you have available currently? The one in the image you posted looks nice.
Our Gladiator SmartCap EVO edition will be released in September of this year. By the time it is released, almost all of our SmartComponents will be available to purchase including the SmartKitchen, SmartBins, etc.

Last edited:

Sponsored

radioinstl

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be Gladiator
Do you plan to have a version of the smart cap with out glass sides? I am looking for one with metal locking doors on the side

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Do you plan to have a version of the smart cap with out glass sides? I am looking for one with metal locking doors on the side
Yes we do, it is called our SmartCap EVOc Jeep Gladiator edition. You can learn more about it here. It will be in North America in October of 2020 and will be selling for $3,195.

radioinstl

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be Gladiator
Yes we do, it is called our SmartCap EVOc Jeep Gladiator edition. You can learn more about it here. It will be in North America in October of 2020 and will be selling for $3,195.
Thank you. Are the SmartBins also available on the SmartCap EVOc?

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Thank you. Are the SmartBins also available on the SmartCap EVOc?
You bet! All of our SmartComponents plug-and-play with the SmartCap EvO and EVOc, with the exception of the SmartScreen that is built only for the SmartCap EVOc. You can learn more about our components here.

radioinstl

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be Gladiator
You bet! All of our SmartComponents plug-and-play with the SmartCap EvO and EVOc, with the exception of the SmartScreen that is built only for the SmartCap EVOc. You can learn more about our components here.
I do not see anything about selecting color on your site when you order. I see that black can be shipped right away but color matched will take longer. All the picks show silver. What is the default color and what is the process for ordering a different color?

Sponsored

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
I do not see anything about selecting color on your site when you order. I see that black can be shipped right away but color matched will take longer. All the picks show silver. What is the default color and what is the process for ordering a different color?
The stock color is matte black and you can see it in many of our pictures. Until the current Covid issues give way to consistency in shipping, we are not going to begin our custom color program. We expect to launch it sometime later this year. When it gets implemented, you will need to allow 90 days for us to process the order and ship. The good news is that there is no up-charge for a custom color.

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
@RSI North America Inc can you provide some additional information on your Gladiator specific tray and canopy system?
Absolutely. Our website offers information concerning the release dates and prices for both the SmartTray and the SmartCap (I inserted the applicable links to the site). Please let me know what type of info you are after and I will try to assist you.

DMC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professional
Exactly which model would I be looking at if I wanted a basic matte black unit with sliding side windows that also fold out for easy side access and a sliding window next to the cab?

Man, these are some nice units!

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Exactly which model would I be looking at if I wanted a basic matte black unit with sliding side windows that also fold out for easy side access and a sliding window next to the cab?

Man, these are some nice units!
Thanks for your question and for your kind words. What you're describing is our SmartCap EVO. If you click here and scroll down the page you will be able to see the applications we are building in 2020, pricing, which applications are available today, and the release dates for the rest of the applications we are working on.
Sponsored