Another intra-state trip

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
This time I went to Austin Texas, or due west of Austin in the hill country, which is absolutely beautiful. This trip, the tonneau cover provided much needed cover from rain for the luggage and other supplies, because on the way back it rained on and off the entire trip. I saw about 10 other Gladiators, almost all of them in Austin but one or two at gas stations along the way. I saw no Broncos either. :rock:

It looks like I averaged between 18.5 and 20.5 MPG. Not bad, considering that on the way down there, I had the cruise control off and my lead foot took over and for a few minutes I was going around 90 I didn't really realize it. I'm not sure what people complain about, because even at that speed, the ride was smooth and straight and I really love how comfortable it is to travel in.

By the way, at exit 353 on the southbound service road, is a place called Slovacek's which is a big Buckee's-style gas station but they have kolaches and other things that are really good. Definitely worth the stop if you're needing gas right about then.
Sponsored

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
Did you go on any specific trails? I always stop in West for the kolaches and I always regret it.

OP
OP
texanjeeper

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
No, I wasn't able to look up any trails, but after I got back it looks like I might have been pretty close to one or two of the state's ten best from what I've read. I'll have to plan on that when I return.
Sponsored