First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
casaalgarrobo.eu
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Nice write up, and awesome pics. I have rubicon and planning on similar trip from NJ (not Poland).. Did you end up shipping the gladiator to Poland?
Not yet. Coming back to the US for some 2 months of skiing and then a trip down to Baja Cali. Will ship to Euro in March
Very awesome.
Was there a reason you swapped the hood? Just preference or was it a calculation in your trip?
Just a preference - a more aggressive look.

Thx to all for great comments
Sponsored

AUAlum2000

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Lawyer/Mediator
Not yet. Coming back to the US for some 2 months of skiing and then a trip down to Baja Cali. Will ship to Euro in March
I cannot imagine the double-take I would do if I passed your Gladiator on one of those tiny little two-lane roads in Poland. Having spend some time there, it is definitely not something you see every day. I expect photos of that beast of yours sitting in a parking lot surrounded by maluchs.

OP
OP
MartinIT

MartinIT

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
casaalgarrobo.eu
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Y
I cannot imagine the double-take I would do if I passed your Gladiator on one of those tiny little two-lane roads in Poland. Having spend some time there, it is definitely not something you see every day. I expect photos of that beast of yours sitting in a parking lot surrounded by maluchs.
you would be surprised how many large cars and trucks (including semi) drive on these roads and they manage quite well. I currently drive Jaguar F-Pace which is actually some 6" wider than the Gladiator; yes, it is shorter.
The truck actually will be driven primarily between Andalusia, Spain and Dolomites, Italy plus north Africa and Turkey, Israel, Georgia, Tajikistan.
I had bigger challenges driving through Italian and Spanish villages than through narrowest roads in Poland.
Jeep Gladiator 6K mile trip in new Mojave through western states - what worked well and what worked so so 1629374815170

AUAlum2000

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Lawyer/Mediator
Y

you would be surprised how many large cars and trucks (including semi) drive on these roads and they manage quite well. I currently drive Jaguar F-Pace which is actually some 6" wider than the Gladiator; yes, it is shorter.
The truck actually will be driven primarily between Andalusia, Spain and Dolomites, Italy plus north Africa and Turkey, Israel, Georgia, Tajikistan.
I had bigger challenges driving through Italian and Spanish villages than through narrowest roads in Poland.
My wife's family is all between Koszalin and the Baltic; we go every few years. Gradually, I've been seeing more and more SUVs and even pick-up trucks each time we go. Can't recall ever seeing a Wrangler though. (The Gladiator wasn't out last time we were there.)

Sponsored

OP
OP
MartinIT

MartinIT

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
casaalgarrobo.eu
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
My wife's family is all between Koszalin and the Baltic; we go every few years. Gradually, I've been seeing more and more SUVs and even pick-up trucks each time we go. Can't recall ever seeing a Wrangler though. (The Gladiator wasn't out last time we were there.)
very cool :). i am at the moment in Krakow and here you can see more exotic vehicles (to the local region) than in most other European cities: lots of Wranglers, Ferraris, Bentley and Aston SUVs, Lambos, Mclarens, Hammers, ... - nuts and way too much blings and shows!!! At the foothills of the mountains i see lots of customized Wranglers mixed with some old LRs and Russian era 4X4 - they get dirty too :). So far only one Gladiator seen in the city.
Why are you driving on the bike path???😂
Road: Scapin Kalibra
Gravel: Orbea Terra
CX: Cannondale Scalpel Si
Enduro: Cannondale Jekyll I

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
What part of the Western states are you planning on ski bumming? Kevlar paint? Gonna have to look that one up. Great trip report. Hit me up if you plan on being in the Lake Tahoe area. 1/2 Polish too.

Padre

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Pastor
I loved this. This year, my wife and I did our first overland trip. We took 5 weeks and did New Mexico, Arizona, California, Nevada and Utah. We did it in a Honda Ridgeline pulling an off road trailer. The truck did fine except for clearance. But it told us we want to pursue this more but with a more capable rig. So we just became proud owners of a Mojave. We also decided for next year, instead of doing all those states, we are going to spend the month of March in Utah. We were out there this year in March and absolutely loved it. Because it was cold, we were basically by ourselves except in the Alabama Hills. And we loved camping in the snow.

Sponsored

jcarbs

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tahoe
Great post - for those who have never experienced Bryce Canyon they need to what an awesome and beautiful place.

OP
OP
MartinIT

MartinIT

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
casaalgarrobo.eu
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
What part of the Western states are you planning on ski bumming? Kevlar paint? Gonna have to look that one up. Great trip report. Hit me up if you plan on being in the Lake Tahoe area. 1/2 Polish too.
Thx mate. Starting in BC (Whistler, Kicking Horse, Fernie), then UT and few resorts in Colorado and finishing in Lake Tahoe so I might hit you up there. Alpine and AT
Then I plan on driving down Baja Cali to la Ventana to worm myself up a bit and kiteboard; maybe coming back come back alive :). Back to Cali and shipping the truck to Euro + flying back.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Thx mate. Starting in BC (Whistler, Kicking Horse, Fernie), then UT and few resorts in Colorado and finishing in Lake Tahoe so I might hit you up there. Alpine and AT
Then I plan on driving down Baja Cali to la Ventana to worm myself up a bit and kiteboard; maybe coming back come back alive :). Back to Cali and shipping the truck to Euro + flying back.
Sweet. Been to Kicking Horse. Can't miss out on Sunshine or Lake Louise. If you get the chance and are close to Canmore, BC. Stop by Valbella Meats.
Backcountry snowboarding for me most of the time.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Where ya at now?
Sponsored