Sponsored

2,000+ Mile road trip coming up in July - What are your favorite quality-of-life upgrades?

TexRec

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
Longshoremen
Gotcha. Missed that one

dungolfin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Mech Engineer
I have a '21 JTR and my family and I just got back from a 5000 mile road trip, from Georgia to Utah and back. Here are some things that made the trip in the Gladiator easier.

Headliner kit (Hothead Headliner)
Keeps the interior quiet enough at Interstate speeds to listen to music or have a conversation without raising your voice.​

Lockable hard bed cover
Securely locks up the bed to store suitcases, camping gear, recovery gear, knick-knacks inevitably purchased during the trip.​

Grab handles (Jeep/Mopar)

Small totes to store small items in truck bed. (Rubbermaid Action Packer)
Helps organize extra or dirty shoes, kid’s toys, extra snacks.​

2 Phone Mounts (Vector Offroad, 67 Designs)
One for the driver, one for the passenger. My wife also hung her purse on her phone mount.​

Small storage bags for charging cords, first aid kit.
I attached bags to the MOLLE webbing on the back of the front seats.​

Small soft cooler for drinks/snacks, fits in center of back seat for easy access.
Small size was enough to last until the next gas station stop.​

Organizing tray(s) for center console (Amazon)

Books, games for the kids. We let our son take his Nintendo Switch, but he was only allowed to use it after 3pm.

Binoculars to look at wildlife, interesting bridges, etc.

Bring your own bottle of Windex to clean bugs off the windshield and front of truck.
Most gas stations have squeegees, some have stinky water, but few have any kind of bug cleaning fluid.​

Hope this helps.

jimcasada

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport Gladiator
Occupation
retired
Vehicle Showcase
We're currently planning for an epic road trip near the end of July too, going in the generally opposite direction: Maryland to California. I see a lot of good stuff and ideas here! I'll be fully retiring soon at the end this month, and the kids will be out of school until near the end of August, so we plan on making lots of stops. My wife and kids want to see the Rockies, Grand Canyon, Disneyland, and some CA beaches. I want to attend a family reunion in AZ and see my brother in CA living near Sequoia National Park. I'll have to read through all these postings when I have more time. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks everyone.

ParadiseMo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
for the road trips in soft-top gladiator, my fave quality of life upgrades on the jeep are:
1. bed cover
2. hot heads insulated liner (heat and noise reduction)
3. sunglasses clips for sun visor
4. heavy duty floor mats with high sides to contain major spills
5. storage caddy thing that straddles the center console in front of the shifter, gives a small storage space for wallet, snacks, etc within easy reach

There are other wish list things that I don't have yet, and there are other upgrades that have all made a contribution to road trip improvements but less noticeable impact. Many interesting suggestions on the thread, thanks everyone!