Any Long Island JT owners?

PowerJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro Blue JT Overland, 1996 Polo Green Metallic Corvette Convertible
Occupation
Heavy Construction Civil Engineer
Great, what your Vette? We’re always working on cool cars. Doing a motor on a 76 Bronco now and installing a vintage air system on a 77 C-10. Enjoy your Gladiator!
Thanks! Loving it so far. Yeah. I saw some of the photos in your gallery. A lot of nice stuff running through your shop. I’ve been a car nut since birth :) My dads got a 4 car garage with 2 lifts. Vette is a ’96. Getting ready to get her out of the garage again...

Jeep Gladiator Any Long Island JT owners? 50B6D47F-DE2F-4AA1-A833-0CCB822EC56F
Sponsored

JustNJeeps

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S GC, 1974 Chevy C10, 1998 GMC 2500
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! Loving it so far. Yeah. I saw some of the photos in your gallery. A lot of nice stuff running through your shop. I’ve been a car nut since birth :) My dads got a 4 car garage with 2 lifts. Vette is a ’96. Getting ready to get her out of the garage again...

Great color combo. Looks clean!

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Services
Saw a white Rubi with Red rims on what looked like a 2" lift yesterday on LIE. If you're here, would like to know what lift setup it was. really liked it.

Sponsored

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Services
Two rubicons, one at the lake grove costco with a real big rear recovery hook and one at the south setauket target driven by a very hip and dapper young man with tight pants and i presume shiny shoes.
found Mr big recovery hook on my way home from work one day. I creeped on him until he waved me over and we pulled over to talk. Nice guy towing a boat In the lake grove area. Said he was close to 8k lbs which seems like a bad bad idea.

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Services
Live and work in Huntington. Here’s my shop on NY Ave and my Glad. If you want to do any mods let me know.

are you content with the mopar lift? I keep feeling like I wouldn’t be happy on only 2”, especially because it’s not a true 2 on a rubicon. Any other lifts you’ve played with in your shop.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
found Mr big recovery hook on my way home from work one day. I creeped on him until he waved me over and we pulled over to talk. Nice guy towing a boat In the lake grove area. Said he was close to 8k lbs which seems like a bad bad idea.

Good good good.

JustNJeeps

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
are you content with the mopar lift? I keep feeling like I wouldn’t be happy on only 2”, especially because it’s not a true 2 on a rubicon. Any other lifts you’ve played with in your shop.
I did the 2" with a 1" Teraflex spacer so 3 in the front, 2 in the rear. I'm more than happy, looks perfect with the BFG 37x12.5s which are really 36" tires. I have two kids so I didn't want to go to big...and my wife didn't want it to high either lol
I haven't lifted another Glad yet (one level kit) but I've used a lot of Teraflex & RC kits. They work fine, nothing fancy but they get the job done. My mechanic has a Teraflex kit on his JK that has over 170,000 miles on it...not one issue.
Look into the JKS 3.5" Kit, those are nice

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Services
I did the 2" with a 1" Teraflex spacer so 3 in the front, 2 in the rear. I'm more than happy, looks perfect with the BFG 37x12.5s which are really 36" tires. I have two kids so I didn't want to go to big...and my wife didn't want it to high either lol
I haven't lifted another Glad yet (one level kit) but I've used a lot of Teraflex & RC kits. They work fine, nothing fancy but they get the job done. My mechanic has a Teraflex kit on his JK that has over 170,000 miles on it...not one issue.
Look into the JKS 3.5" Kit, those are nice
That's what was recommended to me by 2 different places. Once I started playing with the add-ons, that's where it started getting into that 2k range and I was trying to avoid going that high for the kit itself. That being said, sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet for a well built kit. I just don't know if the Mopar will do enough to the Rubicon for me to be happy. I know for the Sports/Overlands, it's a much more significant difference.

On a separate note, can you PM me about those fuel wheels? I've now seen them a few times and I'm starting to fall in love with em. Think I can get away with those on 37's without the lift for now on a rubi?

Sponsored

JustNJeeps

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That's what was recommended to me by 2 different places. Once I started playing with the add-ons, that's where it started getting into that 2k range and I was trying to avoid going that high for the kit itself. That being said, sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet for a well built kit. I just don't know if the Mopar will do enough to the Rubicon for me to be happy. I know for the Sports/Overlands, it's a much more significant difference.

On a separate note, can you PM me about those fuel wheels? I've now seen them a few times and I'm starting to fall in love with em. Think I can get away with those on 37's without the lift for now on a rubi?
You get what you pay for right lol
Which Fuel wheels? Mine? Go on their site, I’m a dealer for them. Let me know exactly what you want and I’ll get you a price.
depends on the 37s, some are bigger than others

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi. 2006 Liberty. 2003 Ram 2500 CTD, and a couple of Hogs.
Anyone know a shop that can mount 35 inch tires. I keep striking out around here. They all tell me they dont have the equipment. Tires are sitting in the garage collecting dust.

JustNJeeps

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I own I shop in Huntington and deal with two tire shops in town that will do them. Message me if you want there info

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi. 2006 Liberty. 2003 Ram 2500 CTD, and a couple of Hogs.
I found a place that can do them and aren't too busy. I hope to have them on soon. Thanks for the offer and I will keep you in mind for the future.