First Name
junhwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP Gladiator 3.6
Occupation
QC
my 3.6 JT has vibration after cold start .and Jscan catch misfires from #2,4,6 cylinders. no vibration when engine is hot.
anyone have same problem here?
Sponsored

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
That's the right hand side, which is usually not the side with the cam roller issues.

OP
OP
klst123

klst123

First Name
junhwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP Gladiator 3.6
Occupation
QC
That's the right hand side, which is usually not the side with the cam roller issues.
u mean driver side? does passenger side most get cam roller issues?

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
That's bank 2 - driver side on USA JTs.

my 3.6 JT has vibration after cold start .and Jscan catch misfires from #2,4,6 cylinders. no vibration when engine is hot.
anyone have same problem here?
There are SO many threads and hundreds of posts on misfires - some when cold, some when hot.
I'd suggest do a search for them as there are as many fixes as there are engines with a misfire.

In short, yes, several have had that same issue and have discussed it, even to the point of what THEIR solution or fix was.

You don't say what year it is, how many miles are on it, did you buy it new, did you take it to a dealer for diagnosis and FIX?
There are fixes out there if you are in warranty, they'll be FREE.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
They're on passengers side. Usually it's the driver's side that has the issues due whatever reason.
Bank 1, right side - 1, 3 and 5 had the cam and follower issues.

OP
OP
klst123

klst123

First Name
junhwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP Gladiator 3.6
Occupation
QC
That's bank 2 - driver side on USA JTs.

There are SO many threads and hundreds of posts on misfires - some when cold, some when hot.
I'd suggest do a search for them as there are as many fixes as there are engines with a misfire.

In short, yes, several have had that same issue and have discussed it, even to the point of what THEIR solution or fix was.

You don't say what year it is, how many miles are on it, did you buy it new, did you take it to a dealer for diagnosis and FIX?
There are fixes out there if you are in warranty, they'll be FREE.
im in warranty but u know , service center always says it's 'normal' ill visit in next week anyway

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
u mean driver side? does passenger side most get cam roller issues?
Yes, right bank (passenger side), cylinders 1, 3 and 5, typically had the cam issues.

Oddly, non-cam related misfires are often the left bank, bank 2, with cylinders 2, 4 and 6.
In my case it was a HOT start misfire, and it was 2 as the worst, followed by 4, and then by 6 with the least but still more than any right bank cylinder (1, 3 or 5)

1, 3 and 5 are right or passenger side (USA) and that's the side that had the most cam issues.
2, 4 and 6 are driver side (USA) left side - and seems to be showing up with misfires now and then.
If you have misfires, why not go to the dealer??? It's got warranty and there are a number of misfire service bulletins and fixes.
Anything else will be a guess, people on forums throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks.
Can be anything from the PCM needing a flash to spark plugs to a few other things.

Sponsored

OP
OP
klst123

klst123

First Name
junhwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP Gladiator 3.6
Occupation
QC
Yes, right bank (passenger side), cylinders 1, 3 and 5, typically had the cam issues.

Oddly, non-cam related misfires are often the left bank, bank 2, with cylinders 2, 4 and 6.
In my case it was a HOT start misfire, and it was 2 as the worst, followed by 4, and then by 6 with the least but still more than any right bank cylinder (1, 3 or 5)

1, 3 and 5 are right or passenger side (USA) and that's the side that had the most cam issues.
2, 4 and 6 are driver side (USA) left side - and seems to be showing up with misfires now and then.
If you have misfires, why not go to the dealer??? It's got warranty and there are a number of misfire service bulletins and fixes.
Anything else will be a guess, people on forums throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks.
Can be anything from the PCM needing a flash to spark plugs to a few other things.
Because i thought small amounts of misfire count is normal. this pic is right after cold start. it's almost under 10 misfires so ..

Capture+_2023-02-12-12-08-03.png

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
People Work?
How cold is your ambient temp when starting?
I assume it just started doing this?

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
People Work?
Also, there have been a couple of computer updates on these.
The first was Z37 and then there was another one after that.
Have you had those performed?
Sponsored