Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Auto Tech
Any luck figuring this out yet? I have a similar rattle noise. I swear its the spare tire moving around but its tight as can be. Its almost like a knocking noise over bumps like a bad bushing?
Sponsored

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
physician
Finally got it….loose bump stop extension bolt from the lift was most of it, also the heat shield was a bit loose and the parking break cables

OP
OP
Scratch

Scratch

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Gator, 2019 JL Mojave Bikini, 2011 JK Sport
[QUOTE="Axeman,
Any luck figuring this out yet? I have a similar rattle noise. I swear its the spare tire moving around but its tight as can be. Its almost like a knocking noise over bumps like a bad bushing?
[/QUOTE]

I haven't figured it out yet but that is exactly the way mine sounds. I have checked my spare tire several times.

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mohave; 2020 WK2 Trailhawk
I have a metallic "clank" that happens once or twice almost every time I start up from a stop. I have about 12K miles on this 2021 JT Mojave.
It doesn't happen going over bumps or while turning, only when I start moving slowly. No idea what it is yet, hoping to figure it out sooner than later.

OP
OP
Scratch

Scratch

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Gator, 2019 JL Mojave Bikini, 2011 JK Sport
I have a metallic "clank" that happens once or twice almost every time I start up from a stop. I have about 12K miles on this 2021 JT Mojave.
It doesn't happen going over bumps or while turning, only when I start moving slowly. No idea what it is yet, hoping to figure it out sooner than later.
Get under the truck with a rubber mallet. Also look for any thing that is rubbing. If I recall from your other post this just started after your lift. Something is loose or rubbing. Think about with happens when you accelerate or brake. I would start at the rear axle and everything that is attached to it. Control arms, sway bar and links, track bar, and the shocks and I think you said relocation brackets. Check ever bolt by hand and then tap it with the mallet and see if it moves. After that I would move to the front but my guess is the rear.
My issue was a loose shock bolt
Sponsored