Sponsored

Anyone in Hot Springs this weekend?

Improper_1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Saturn ION, '19 Cherokee Trailhawk, '23 Glady
The fam and I planned a trip to Hot Springs the 19-22nd. Weather looks to be wet, but thought I'd check in and see if anyone else might be in the area as it is fun wheeling with others.

We were going to revisit the off-road park, but will be doing light trails due to weather and the fact the Mojave is still relatively stock. We were also going to make a run up to Hickory Nut Mountain Vista as the locals said it is worth checking out.

Other festivities include the Duck tour, checking out bathhouse row, visiting the pancake shop and Steinhaus Keller... Being typical tourists.

This will be our second visit and may be a pseudo tradition for us over Thanksgiving break. We discovered Hot Springs last year when we stopped there on our drive home from Tennessee to Houston. after buying the Mojave from Gupton. (Thanks to this forum for all the advice and pointers).

We already did the Snake BOH (full trail, not early exit) and I have a few pinstripes and scrapes on the underside skids - and that was the 2nd day of owning it.

We've also done the Adventure Academy in Llano, TX which was a blast

This forum is a wealth of info, and I appreciate everyone's input. Owning a Jeep is Definitely a fun and unique experience.

Also... Any recommendations on a Houston based club? We are on the Southeast side...

Sorry for the long winded post!
Sponsored

Choice Mojave

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Chihuahua Wrangler
Howdy 👋. Would love to join… maybe next year. I too have a Mojave, live in Houston( Sugar Land) ordered from Gupton and drive through Hot Springs. I still want to go back to get the bunny course… snake trail under my belt🤣 I signed up for Houston Jeepers but have yet to attend any meet ups.

OP
OP
Improper_1

Improper_1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Saturn ION, '19 Cherokee Trailhawk, '23 Glady
Howdy 👋. Would love to join… maybe next year. I too have a Mojave, live in Houston( Sugar Land) ordered from Gupton and drive through Hot Springs. I still want to go back to get the bunny course… snake trail under my belt🤣 I signed up for Houston Jeepers but have yet to attend any meet ups.
Excellent!!! Yeah we did the full snake trail... The first 3/4 was easy and the last 1/4 was a little technical (at least for a beginner like me). Thankfully another glady was behind us and we took turns spotting. (It was a nice couple from Florida)

I'd recommend looking at the Jeep Adventure Academy - there is one in Llano, TX around easter weekend. We learned a lot, built up confidence, learned about the capabilities, etc... I highly recommend... We will be attending again this upcoming year.
Sponsored