April 2020 Incentives

Rollcast

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Not an incentive exactly, but FCA announced their Drive Forward program which will apparently allow online orders.
Sponsored

K enny

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
The fine print says 0% "for well qualified buyers". Can anyone tell me what a well qualified buyer is?

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
My WAG is a credit score of 700 or better, or whatever score the lender decides to go with at that moment as a limiter.
A person with a lower rating may need to pay more to 'quality', if I'm being cynical.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bottom line for me: the April incentives are not enough to motivate me to buy. Possibly even without the current economy issues. I feel like Jeep will have to do more if they want to move inventory right now.

phranican

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 YJ4.0l, '20 Telluride SX, '21JTR
Bottom line for me: the April incentives are not enough to motivate me to buy. Possibly even without the current economy issues. I feel like Jeep will have to do more if they want to move inventory right now.
Agreed, the rebate needs to increase and/or 0% financing extend to the Rubicon, likely both to attract buyers right now. There are 80+ rubicons within 25 miles of me in PA, the damn near same 80+ rubicons that have been collecting dust since nov/dec. They need to get creative to get these off their lots, e.g. accepting my cash offer of 15% below msrp!

Sponsored

OP
OP
ALVagabond

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
It may depend on locale. My local dealership sold 10 or more Gladiators in March that I know of. It was about an even split between Sport S and Runbicon, with an Overland or 2 thrown in.

z0lt3c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Build Thread
Link
Agreed, the rebate needs to increase and/or 0% financing extend to the Rubicon, likely both to attract buyers right now. There are 80+ rubicons within 25 miles of me in PA, the damn near same 80+ rubicons that have been collecting dust since nov/dec. They need to get creative to get these off their lots, e.g. accepting my cash offer of 15% below msrp!
Try to find a Sport or Sport S with max tow in stock, it's impossible .... They are moving inventory, just not the $50K+ inventory. I think they are perfectly fine with that.

Also, the financing offer does not stack with the rebates. You can find alternative financing, such as a lease, where the rebates stack.

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
The fine print says 0% "for well qualified buyers". Can anyone tell me what a well qualified buyer is?
Probably around 750+ credit and a paying job. But that number and condition is relative to how much risk they want to take in order to move inventory.

teleportJeep

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
I saw a $2500 incentive this morning on the jeep website for the gladiator overland
It’s back to $2000

Sponsored

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
If I were buying right now I would wait a few months.

I predict that there will be some deep discounts, if they are still able to make cars. It would not surprise me if production does not resume this model year.

Hot-Rod

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LE Gladiator, Grand Cherokee
If I were buying right now I would wait a few months.

I predict that there will be some deep discounts, if they are still able to make cars. It would not surprise me if production does not resume this model year.

Hot-Rod

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LE Gladiator, Grand Cherokee
So what if they can’t build for say 2 months - Inventories would dwindle and prices could be closer to sticker Diesel Gladiators may not even built in 2020 Just saying as this has not come up it’s supply and demand.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So what if they can’t build for say 2 months - Inventories would dwindle and prices could be closer to sticker Diesel Gladiators may not even built in 2020 Just saying as this has not come up it’s supply and demand.
Well, demand was minimal even before the economy went to hell. Without significant incentives, the JTs will continue to sit around IMO. The same two dozen units have been sitting on the local dealer's lot here for months, including three or four Launch Editions.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
FCA has been experiencing issues with the VM diesel, so I think they will hold off putting them in JTs. If they open the assembly plant for a couple weekss, maybe it is to build some Mojaves. Dealers seem to have a lot of stock in the other models, other than max tow Sport S models. If buyers are being more cautious than usually, the high end models won't sell fast (Rubicons, Norths). However, the shiny new penny, the Mojave, will probably enjoy some sales.
Sponsored