First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave, 2020 124 Spider Abarth
Occupation
Almost Retired
I have been looking at threads for months! Here is what I came up with.

Used 6ga tinned marine grade wire, 20 ft of red and black. A Blue Sea 80AMP switch/breaker and 2 Blue Sea buss blocks. Needed several 6ga lugs and other crimp on ring terminals. Several stainless steel rubber ringed hose clamps and an old bicycle innertube.

Jeep Gladiator ARB Twin w/813 Behind Rear Seat Mount install 813 Mount

Jeep Gladiator ARB Twin w/813 Behind Rear Seat Mount install Breaker switch

Jeep Gladiator ARB Twin w/813 Behind Rear Seat Mount install loose wire

Jeep Gladiator ARB Twin w/813 Behind Rear Seat Mount install wire from under hood to frame

Jeep Gladiator ARB Twin w/813 Behind Rear Seat Mount install fish to front of frame

Jeep Gladiator ARB Twin w/813 Behind Rear Seat Mount install fish the back of frame

Jeep Gladiator ARB Twin w/813 Behind Rear Seat Mount install fitting inside cab

Jeep Gladiator ARB Twin w/813 Behind Rear Seat Mount install drilled vent holes

Jeep Gladiator ARB Twin w/813 Behind Rear Seat Mount install wires into cab

Jeep Gladiator ARB Twin w/813 Behind Rear Seat Mount install wiring layout

Jeep Gladiator ARB Twin w/813 Behind Rear Seat Mount install buss box

Jeep Gladiator ARB Twin w/813 Behind Rear Seat Mount install ARB twin install

wire at front frame.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Freebooter

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Almost Retired
I plan to come off the buss bars with a 12v outlet in the bed and eventually some kind of lights.

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
I plan to come off the buss bars with a 12v outlet in the bed and eventually some kind of lights.
Nicely done sir. How did you get the wires through into the HW box? Looks a little tricky in that spot from underneath. I finally ordered a circuit breaker. Been running the compressor without it since I have the solenoid, but I decided on a little extra insurance.

OP
OP
Freebooter

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Almost Retired
Thanks Keith. I fished the wires to a hole on top of the frame right at the back of the back seat. There is a pictures mostly of the frame at the bottom and a solid 12ga white wire sticking out. That is what I used to pull the red and black 6ga wires. From there I used a hole saw to cut a hole even with the bottom the HW box. I had to take a Dremel to the HW box so I could feed the compressor wires and the 6ga wires. There is a hole in the HW box just above the fitting for the 2 6ga wires. I cut a long skinny hole on the other side bottom to get the 2 40 amp fuse holders through one at a time.

Here is a picture that shows the plastic fitting going through the floor. the 6ga wires and a hose clamp. I did wrap the 6ga wires with an old bicycle tube where they come through the frame. You can see the spot weld just above the fitting, this is from the 3rd screw for the HW box. Pulling the carpet back and placing the HW box back on the screws helped get the location for the hole.

Jeep Gladiator ARB Twin w/813 Behind Rear Seat Mount install back frame hose clamp through fittin

Last edited:

Sponsored

Waggs

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 1967 Kaiser Jeepster
Occupation
Software Developer
Freebooter,

Thanks for the detailed steps and pics! You've provided me with some inspiration for my install. My diesel won't allow me to do exactly what you did, but I am looking at a similar "through" solution:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079K5HB7...olid=3RUYGXGXPINSX&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Question: Did you trim any of the provided wire harness? I received my compressor yesterday, and boy-howdy there's more than enough wiring for this type of setup!

Thanks!

Waggs

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 335i, 2014 X5, 2021 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Did you happen to see anywhere to run the air lines from the cab to somewhere under the truck? I really like this mount but plan to put an air tank somewhere under the truck and am not sure how to get air lines out of the cab.

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Did you happen to see anywhere to run the air lines from the cab to somewhere under the truck? I really like this mount but plan to put an air tank somewhere under the truck and am not sure how to get air lines out of the cab.
I would think a similar setup to his wiring would work. The air lines are braided stainless, so I think that, along with a rubber grommet in your hole to get under the truck would work great.

OP
OP
Freebooter

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Almost Retired
Waggs.........I just rolled up the excess wiring harness. Some of the harness runs down next to the seat and then to the little plastic box. I crimped the lugs directly to the ARB wiring harness. With the 813 bracket, there is room under the switch plate. So just rolled it up and use electrical ties to hold every thing in place. This did make it tough to get the bracket base screw in but I made a long allen wrench to get the screw in place and tightened.

Nick........yes, you could run an air line where my electrical wires come through and into the cab. I had to use a hole saw to cut a 1 1/8" hole. The plastic fitting is 3/4" ID and with the 2 6ga wires, there is still some room in the fitting. I plan to run some wires to the bed when we get all our camping gear figured out. If you need a bigger ID, they make bigger fittings. Like Jeremy said, there are long braided steel ARB hoses. Once I get everything run, I plan to silicone any gap between the fitting and the wires. I hope this helps!
Sponsored