Arcus skid plate

Nannook of the north

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport
For anyone running the rugged ridge arcus. What are you doing for a skid plate?
Sponsored

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
I just installed an Arcus on my Rubicon that came with the plastic bumper and steel skid plate. The factory steel skid bolted right back up in its original location with no interference from the new winch bumper.

OP
OP
Nannook of the north

Nannook of the north

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport
I just installed an Arcus on my Rubicon that came with the plastic bumper and steel skid plate. The factory steel skid bolted right back up in its original location with no interference from the new winch bumper.
Awesome thanks. I have a sport and I know there is another thread on here talking about upgrading to the steel skid plate if you don't have it and the necessary brackets etc. From what I'm gathering the steel skid doesn't actually bolt to the bumper like the "plastic" one? Anyway you could tell me if this one is the same is the one on yours? Quadratec is advertising it as the rubicon skid plate with the necessary hardware to mount it to one that doesn't have it. But it looks like it bolts to the bumper?

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/front-bumper-skid-plate-jeep-wrangler-jl

Sponsored

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
Awesome thanks. I have a sport and I know there is another thread on here talking about upgrading to the steel skid plate if you don't have it and the necessary brackets etc. From what I'm gathering the steel skid doesn't actually bolt to the bumper like the "plastic" one? Anyway you could tell me if this one is the same is the one on yours? Quadratec is advertising it as the rubicon skid plate with the necessary hardware to mount it to one that doesn't have it. But it looks like it bolts to the bumper?

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/front-bumper-skid-plate-jeep-wrangler-jl
The skid plates of the factory winch bumper and the plastic non-winch bumper look different. Mine mounts with four bolts. Two underneath on the frame, and the two uppers on an angled bracket that also mounts to the frame with the two silver bolts in the pic.

20200710_054219.jpg
20200710_054325.jpg

OP
OP
Nannook of the north

Nannook of the north

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport
Okay I see. The one I linked is the kit for the rubicon plastic bumper. They also have the one for the metal bumper but without the hardware.

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
Okay I see. The one I linked is the kit for the rubicon plastic bumper. They also have the one for the metal bumper but without the hardware.
I had no idea that the skids were different for the two Rubicon bumper offerings until you posted this thread. I was pleasantly surprised when my factory skid bolted right back up easily after installing the new Arcus bumper. Useful information for anyone swapping out their factory bumper.
I guess for Sports and Overlands, you would have to source the factory Rubicon steel skid for the plastic bumper, plus the two brackets that connect the upper mounting bolts to the frame.

OREDAD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon
The skid plates of the factory winch bumper and the plastic non-winch bumper look different. Mine mounts with four bolts. Two underneath on the frame, and the two uppers on an angled bracket that also mounts to the frame with the two silver bolts in the pic.

Jeep Gladiator Arcus skid plate 20200710_054325
Jeep Gladiator Arcus skid plate 20200710_054325
Hi, what red tow hooks are on your Jeep and where did you get them? Thanks!

Sponsored

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I am running the stock Mojave steel skid plate with the Arcus. The bumper is close at a spot under each fog light. If yours has any interference, the Arcus facing isn't real thick and you can grind off a bit if needed.

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
Hi, what red tow hooks are on your Jeep and where did you get them? Thanks!
Those are Maximus-3 tow loops. I used them for flat towing. I sold the Gladiator and went back to a Wrangler JLUR!