Sponsored

Are rear storage bins standard?

o2bnkc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S, 2002 Corvette convertible, 2008 Peterbilt 388, 2008 HD Heritage
Occupation
owner/operator/guitar picker
I just bought my first Jeep ever and I'm hooked! I see everyone with these lockable storage bins under the rear seats. Are these standard?. I don't have them in my Sport S. Should I be asking my local dealer about them?
Sponsored

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
No they are not standard you have to have a certain package group on your gladiator to get the lockable storage ben right off the top of my head I canā€™t remember what package group you need to get the storage ben but youā€™re gladiator has the mounting holes for the ben

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
Some people sell them on the member market place on this forum but good luck getting one of those they are sold soon as somebody post it for sale so you probably need to talk to your dealer to order one

MMMII

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR - 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Redfin - Real Estate Consultant
Itā€™s part of the ā€˜cargo management groupā€™ (which also includes the outlet in the bed and bed tie down rails. Itā€™s the only package my Rubicon doesnā€™t have but I do have a plastic divider under the rear seats but Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s standard on all models or unique to the Rubicon.

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
My package didn't come with them. Most of the items (like the trail rail system) was cheaper to add after the fact. Tough to find them in the open market.

Sponsored

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
My package didn't come with them. Most of the items (like the trail rail system) was cheaper to add after the fact. Tough to find them in the open market.
Someone posted that the lockable bin was $1200 by itself from dealers, so I went for the $895 Cargo Management Group. I get the bed outlet as a bonus.

OP
OP
o2bnkc

o2bnkc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S, 2002 Corvette convertible, 2008 Peterbilt 388, 2008 HD Heritage
Occupation
Thanks for the response everyone. I don't have the outlet in the bed either, so I guess I didn't get that package. I was surprised at what came in some models and what didn't come in them. I could have gotten an Overland a little cheaper than my Sport S, but it didn't have the cold weather package which I wanted. I thought the Overland was a step up from the Sport, but I guess it's all in the add ons. I would have thought that heated seats would have been standard in a model that's a step up from the base model. Oh well, I'm still jazzed about my new truck.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Slightly under $800 shipped is the best price I found (from BAM) so yeah if you want it, might as well get the whole package because the trail rail system is easily the most useful thing on the truck if you ever use the bed. Still can be added but I'd just wait for the aftermarket if you already have your truck.

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd

Sponsored

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
My Rubicon came with one like this, like @MMMII said I'm not sure if it comes stock in the other trims.

IMG_20190620_092930.png

This works adequately for me using the seats as the covers, though the seats do not lock down. If I ever need a whomping 400 Watts of power in the bed I will just run an extension cord out the sliding rear window and plug into the outlet on the rear of console.

The Cargo Management Group is the most economical way to get the locking under seat storage if ordering or already on the Gladiator you purchased.

Last edited:

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
I believe all gladiator models come with the open top bin shown above. I really do wish they made the seat bottoms lockable, as that would eliminate the need for a lockable bin in the first place. Then the lockable bin's only advantage would be that it's removable in case you wanted to bring it with you overnight to keep the contents safe.

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
Someone posted that the lockable bin was $1200 by itself from dealers, so I went for the $895 Cargo Management Group. I get the bed outlet as a bonus.
Yea...they are crazy price. Especially since it comes with the ability to put stuff under the seat...just not lockable...already - Crazy upgrade price at the dealer level. For me anyway, just not worth it. The outlet is nice tho :)

OP
OP
o2bnkc

o2bnkc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yea...they are crazy price. Especially since it comes with the ability to put stuff under the seat...just not lockable...already - Crazy upgrade price at the dealer level. For me anyway, just not worth it. The outlet is nice tho :)
Yes, this should have been standard equipment for the price of these things.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Yes, this should have been standard equipment for the price of these things.
Agree, but it's a brand new vehicle with a lot of interest, so can it is expected FCA will try to maximize profit the first year. Which is probably a good thing for them, considering the state of things right now. After the pandemic calms down, we will see what happens to prices, included equipment, incentives, etc.
Sponsored