Artec

Artec

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
2 Questions:

Has the new alpha figured out the annoying issue with touching the exhaust manifold?

Also does this allow us to swap out skids with my already existing ones? So if i mess up my original oil pan. Can i just swap with the new alpha?
We did update the design to work around the varying factory exhaust! We scanned a larger amount of vehicles so that we could ensure there was more then enough room for the crossover pipes. As for your question about updating the skids, you will be able to make your existing kits work and bolt the Alpha Series oil pan up to existing kits.
Sponsored

Mav4x4Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Truck Builder
I like the modular design! I had been window shopping for an engine / trans skid plate as eventually I want a little added protection on the truck, but I'm not hard enough on it to replace the transfer case or transmission skid right now. I did that with my previous JK, running the front skid only for a while then adding the transfer case and fuel tank later when I thought it was necessary / had the money.

Will look at this when I'm ready to do something.

NotInStock

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Rubicon, 2023 Gladiator Diesel
Occupation
Network Engineer
So I just recently purchased a 23 gladiator diesel as they finally are shipping the replacement fuel pumps. I need to get the underside protection and was looking at the Artec possibly.

Some questions I have are:

1. Even though I currently do not have intention of long arm want to know if I do would it be a problem??

2. Noticed that another company decided to reinforce the crossmembers to make up for flexing of the frame. Is there anything in the Artec that does this?? Is it really necessary??

Thanks,

Greg...

OP
OP
Artec

Artec

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
So I just recently purchased a 23 gladiator diesel as they finally are shipping the replacement fuel pumps. I need to get the underside protection and was looking at the Artec possibly.

Some questions I have are:

1. Even though I currently do not have intention of long arm want to know if I do would it be a problem??

2. Noticed that another company decided to reinforce the crossmembers to make up for flexing of the frame. Is there anything in the Artec that does this?? Is it really necessary??

Thanks,

Greg...
We have not noticed any issues where the crossmember needs to be beefed up due to frame flex. As far as the long arm kit is concerned We have several customers using or kits with the Teraflex, RK and Metalcloak longarms As well as we are currently testing our triangulated long arm on our gas JT we will be testing our other longarm design on our Diesel in the spring as well

Last edited:

SKJeep

First Name
SKennedy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2022 JLUD, 2014 JK
We did update the design to work around the varying factory exhaust! We scanned a larger amount of vehicles so that we could ensure there was more then enough room for the crossover pipes. As for your question about updating the skids, you will be able to make your existing kits work and bolt the Alpha Series oil pan up to existing kits.
Question @Artec? Just installed the JT4135 on my 2021 JT Rubicon 3.0L Dsl. The clearance is really tight on the engine skid and the catalytic converter. Picture attached looking down at the clearance. Have not had a chance to see if it making contact under torque load of engine. Did your mock ups have the same amount of clearance?
Jeep Gladiator Artec Alpha Series Bellypan Release Artec

OP
OP
Artec

Artec

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Question @Artec? Just installed the JT4135 on my 2021 JT Rubicon 3.0L Dsl. The clearance is really tight on the engine skid and the catalytic converter. Picture attached looking down at the clearance. Have not had a chance to see if it making contact under torque load of engine. Did your mock ups have the same amount of clearance?
Jeep Gladiator Artec Alpha Series Bellypan Release Artec
The clearance is really close there on our diesel Jt as well it doesnt contact but its close.
Sponsored