Attaching front plate

Costanzio66

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee wrangler renegade
I hate to ask, but I can’t find any specific info in this forum or in the Internet. Will someone please share any suggestions on attaching a front license plate to an overland front (cheap ass) plastic bumper? The bumper has four starter divets for something, but they are much farther apart than a standard license plate.
Thanks in advance
Sponsored

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I hate to ask, but I can’t find any specific info in this forum or in the Internet. Will someone please share any suggestions on attaching a front license plate to an overland front (cheap ass) plastic bumper? The bumper has four starter divets for something, but they are much farther apart than a standard license plate.
Thanks in advance
My Rubi came with this attached to the front plastic bumper. A front license plate is required by law in my state. If it also is in your state you might want to ask your dealer for one:

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/f...er-jl-and-gladiator-jt-plastic-rubicon-bumper

Edit: You can also do a google search for 68293738AA (it's part number) and see where else its available from.

OP
OP

Costanzio66

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
that looks to be the exact size to fit the starter holes in my bumper
Thanks for the reply

OP
OP

Costanzio66

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got the Mopar license plate bracket from my local dealer ( about $20), and it was a perfect fit. The much shorter license plate fit right into it after mounting the bracket to the plastic Overland bumper. I’m glad I didn’t just drill into the bumper where the plate would have gone. I think there is some stuff behind that bumper ( judging from the hollow thump noises near the pre marked pilot holes, to the solid deep thumps where I was about to drill for the plate width). Close call. Thanks mrFahrenheit

OP
OP

Costanzio66

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PS: keep traveling at the speed of light!

Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I ordered the bracket in the link but it did not fit my Sport S bumper, does anyone know if there is a different bracket available? Thanks.

OP
OP

Costanzio66

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t know if the sport bumper is different from the Overland. The Mopar LP bracket was Exactly what I
i needed
. Good luck
Sponsored