First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Automation Engineer
I bought a superchips flashcal to calibrate speedo for tire size (37") - while connected I turned disabled the autostart option, however the flashcal pops up a message saying to also unplug the switch under the hood....I unplugged the one nearest driver side but now I get an idiot light and warning that the autostart is disabled. I don't like having the light on the display - is there a workaround? Am I missing a step?
Sponsored

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
I used the seat belt method to turn off the seat belt chime and it also disabled my autostart. It did not turn the autostart idiot light on. I wanted to turn the seat belt chime off, the autostart was a bonus item.

OP
OP
GrayGoose

GrayGoose

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Automation Engineer
I used the seat belt method to turn off the seat belt chime and it also disabled my autostart. It did not turn the autostart idiot light on. I wanted to turn the seat belt chime off, the autostart was a bonus item.
interesting - I also disabled the seatbelt minder but it did not affect the autostart....did you use superchips?

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Camry
Can you explain this? I don’t think I like the auto start, stop- that’s what’s happening when it turns off at a red light right?

jbn40301

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave 2020
Can you explain this? I don’t think I like the auto start, stop- that’s what’s happening when it turns off at a red light right?
Here is the seat belt trick below:

1.Get in vehicle and put seat belt on.

2. Turn vehicle on. (Does not need to be started. Just press the start button twice without pressing the brake.)

3. Once the Jeep is on, the diagnostic screen will briefly show the seatbelt warning indicator. As soon as the indicator goes away. Quickly disconnect then reconnect the seatbelt at least three times.

4. Turn off Jeep.

Sponsored

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Camry
Here is the seat belt trick below:

1.Get in vehicle and put seat belt on.

2. Turn vehicle on. (Does not need to be started. Just press the start button twice without pressing the brake.)

3. Once the Jeep is on, the diagnostic screen will briefly show the seatbelt warning indicator. As soon as the indicator goes away. Quickly disconnect then reconnect the seatbelt at least three times.

4. Turn off Jeep.
Thank you very much. I’ll try the next time I’m in it. Does this leave it off long term?

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
I did the seat belt trick on Thursday and its still off. I assume that when the dealer does a update at oil change it will reinstall all factory settings but it is quick to redo.