Sponsored

Aux & lightbar security

ArmyJeepGuy666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Pretty new to the forum and would like some seasoned Jeep owner suggestions...How do you all go about securing your aux lighting? I've seen some security bolts that appear to only be for a few select brands. Any ideas?
Sponsored

Cleankat

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I used the security bolts from rigid.

It's like wheel locks, you can slow someone down, but if they want it, they'll get it.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Mcmaster-Carr sells security bolts in a whole range of sizes.

MGladiator83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Pretty new to the forum and would like some seasoned Jeep owner suggestions...How do you all go about securing your aux lighting? I've seen some security bolts that appear to only be for a few select brands. Any ideas?
Sticker on my rig “ warning shots will not be given” “locked and loaded” “NRA” “suppressor hearing protection”

In all seriousness you really don’t need to secure them. If someone is going to steal them they will steal them. Locking devices rarely do anything but cause the person to damage what they are stealing or your rig. Yea it may slow them down and prevent them from getting your stuff, but at what cost of damage.

Take pictures, post them here and keep your insurance updated.

Catch them in the act and put a beat down on them.

otherwise it’s not worth stressing about

just my two cents,

Mayhem 6

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR; 2020 JLUR; 2015 JKW; 2016 JKUR (Sold); 2014 JKSS (Sold); 2008 JKUR (Sold)
Carolina Metal Masters also sell security bolts for lightbars, etc.

McMaster-Carr is quicker...they just aren't as unique as CMMs...more keys in circulation.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Sticker on my rig “ warning shots will not be given” “locked and loaded” “NRA” “suppressor hearing protection”

In all seriousness you really don’t need to secure them. If someone is going to steal them they will steal them. Locking devices rarely do anything but cause the person to damage what they are stealing or your rig. Yea it may slow them down and prevent them from getting your stuff, but at what cost of damage.

Take pictures, post them here and keep your insurance updated.

Catch them in the act and put a beat down on them.

otherwise it’s not worth stressing about

just my two cents,
This. A variable speed drill with the proper size easyout will remove 99% of these security bolts. A proximity alarm might be your best option, but then every neighborhood cat will set it off.
Sponsored