Sponsored

Axle swap question

stickshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Two different situations
1) I buy a sport and swap in rubicon axles. Can those lockers be added into a rubicon switch plates?
2) I buy a rubicon but swap in larger axles. Can the rubicon switches power the ultimate d60 or D44 elockers?
1. I don't really understand what you are asking.
2. Yes, if you install Eaton E-lockers in your aftermarket axles, those can be wired to the switch gear that comes stock on the dash of the Rubicon. This has become the most popular option at the shop near me, because folks want to keep using the stock Rubicon switches for their lockers. If you decide on an air locker instead (ARB, for example) you cannot use the Rubicon switches to lock your axles - at least not in a way that I'm aware of.
Sponsored

glad76

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
sales
What, if anything, happens to the factory off road pages, etc. when you do the swap? Currently I am having issues with my rear Rubicon axle and it may be toast. I've noticed that if I unhook the wiring harness from the rear the dash lights up like a Christmas tree telling me I have a locker issue. Are you using a programmer or something to turn off the factory lights / warnings?
Hello, new to the forums..
Sorry this sounds so dumb, because it kind of is. Looking for some wiring help. Did an axle swap for curries. Used Tazer mini and the Z automotive Locker Cables. Front end is perfect. Rear end, getting all kinds of lights and codes and nothing works. Essentially, the codes and errors are like the locker and abs sensors aren't even plugged in. I'm thinking the harness got "pulled" hard enough to damage / disconnect it OR it got pinched bad enough to damage.

Any suggestions on how to trouble shoot this? How to test continuity for those systems from up front to at least test the theory?

glad76

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
sales
What, if anything, happens to the factory off road pages, etc. when you do the swap? Currently I am having issues with my rear Rubicon axle and it may be toast. I've noticed that if I unhook the wiring harness from the rear the dash lights up like a Christmas tree telling me I have a locker issue. Are you using a programmer or something to turn off the factory lights / warnings?
Sorry this sounds so dumb, because it kind of is. Looking for some wiring help. Did an axle swap for curries. Used Tazer mini and the Z automotive Locker Cables. Front end is perfect. Rear end, getting all kinds of lights and codes and nothing works. Essentially, the codes and errors are like the locker and abs sensors aren't even plugged in. I'm thinking the harness got "pulled" hard enough to damage / disconnect it OR it got pinched bad enough to damage.

Any suggestions on how to trouble shoot this? How to test continuity for those systems from up front to at least test the theory?

glad76

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
sales
I just swapped to the Dana 60’s no the lockers do not work using the factory switchin! I wired mine into the aux switches

13F351A7-B95E-4E41-9110-5D7ECD29AACD.jpeg

D39DACFE-1461-4747-83AF-6B8D97DB58D7.jpeg

Sponsored