Basic mods and warranty

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
What experience is out there with making basic mods (3” lift w/shocks and springs, assorted suspension parts, wheels/ 37” tires and gear swap) and having any warranty work done from Mopar.

Any issues? I get depending on what may need to be worked on.

‘21 Rubicon
Sponsored

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
What experience is out there with making basic mods (3” lift w/shocks and springs, assorted suspension parts, wheels/ 37” tires and gear swap) and having any warranty work done from Mopar.

Any issues? I get depending on what may need to be worked on.

‘21 Rubicon
Any mods that you perform will have to be warrantied by the manufacturer of such mod, and any related parts that fail ( such as ball joint, axle failure due to oversized tires, etc. is on you,)

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
I was able to get my driveshaft covered (previous Jeep) with a lift (non mopar), however I opted to go aftermarket. Ball joints are wear and tear items and they wouldn’t cover it but suggested aftermarket as well.
my engine tick was also covered....I did have an aftermarket CAI where I thought it wouldn’t be. It depends on where you go.

AzRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
THREE Gladiators, and a JL Wrangler
Hi what dealer did you buy from? It makes a difference....

Second ..... Below is a post I wrote. I"cut and pasted" from another thread from earlier in January.

(Begin Quote from other thread)

Another ... "Magnuson-Moss Act" comment to justify aftermarket lift kits.

YES, your aftermarket lift kit isn't supposed to void your warranty if your seat heaters stop working. BUT, it can and will void your warranty on all those parts you replaced and any other parts that could be affected by those changes. So pretty much anything under your Jeep and some of the items in your engine bay could be affected.

For example, you buy a lift and put on 37" tires, they could come back and say that the lift and tires put extraordinary stresses on your transmission, driveline and engine. Those parts you added caused a failure in your engine or transmission that is not covered. Now tell them all about the "Magnusson-Moss Act" and see what happens.... "OH, sorry Sir/Miss... You're right, we are definitely gonna fix that for you now under warranty because you said that." NOPE!

Like the recent thread we all read about a voided warranty on a new Jeep that went in mud.... you will NOT win when trying to fight against Jeep's corporate lawyers and their money.

I bought my Jeep at a dealer and had the same dealer install the Mopar lift. I was told... "We will warranty everything installed because you bought the vehicle from us, and had us professionally install your Jeep manufactured lift kit. The extended warranty you purchased from us will also cover these Jeep manufactured and dealer installed parts.

But they also said... "If you take it to another dealer or out of state... all bets are off, the warranty is with this dealership only."

Is my lift the BEST.... nope, but its the only one covered by my dealership and factory warranty so thats why I, and many others choose it, instead of going with probably better performing aftermarket kits.

Im not saying anything is wrong with the millions of aftermarket parts, thousands of jeep owners do it every day. Just understand when you change ANYTHING from factory, you are now taking the responsibility of those parts and any others that could be affected.
(End Quote)

The picture below is 35's and Mopar 2" lift If you ever want to see it in person to see the height just let me know.

Hope this helps

BTW.... Random but you ever drive on 67 Ave?

Jeep Gladiator Basic mods and warranty IMG_3709

OP
OP
AZCooWhip

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
AZRob, huge help indeed. Exactly where my brain is going. I’m wanting to avoid the possible “well, you have aftermarket 37s installed so we aren’t going to cover your catastrophic XxXxX situation”. similar situation I had with my track/driver HPDE set up. some decent mods shy of cracking the block but nothing that took it into super car status but it was covered by my dealership on all warranty Even when it was blasted around the track nearly every weekend. Maybe I was just lucky with a really cool dealership.

No vehicle I have ever stays stock long and the Gladiator is no different. It does make a difference when you have some comfort knowing that IF something breaks you have warranty to fall back on. Right out of the box, these things are great. Not looking to crawl walls but then really like to put my own spin on it.

Gladiator only has 1200 miles on her and I may have some more soul searching to do. You have given me some great points to think about. Dealership conversation is in order as well.

I roam all over town so it’s possible it may be me on 67th. Really appreciate the offer on getting a chance to see yours in person. Your stable looks fantastic as is.

Thanks to all that have responded!
Sponsored