• Watchers 17

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I got Rock Hard sliders, made in Nebraska, packaged so well I couldn't believe it, and shipped by fedex trucking. Nothing like the haphazard packaging that other companies do. And, the powder coating on them is first rate. Amazon may be cheap, but cheap isn't always good enough.
Sponsored

chuckfinley79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JT
For what little it’s worth, it’s not always the DRIVER’s fault, I drive part time for FedEx and my boss routinely overloads my truck to the point stuff is piled on the floor and he tells me to just walk over it to get to the back of the truck like he doesn’t give a shit.

I guess the business model is that it probably won’t break your stuff, and he make’s more money by cramming more stuff on the truck SMH

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Amazon is a far cry from what it used to be and has gotten to be so big they don't care anymore. So many crappy third party sellers now who are selling defective goods and pure junk. Gotta read the reviews on everything mostly.

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

Amazon is a far cry from what it used to be and has gotten to be so big they don't care anymore. So many crappy third party sellers now who are selling defective goods and pure junk. Gotta read the reviews on everything mostly.
I'm usually pretty good with reading reviews but I took a few peoples word for it on the forum who got the iron cross bars on Amazon and liked em. So I got an email last night from the 3rd party and he saying he has to reach out to iron cross directly now because it was shipped from one of their warehouses.

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

So the third party vendor just sent me an e-mail on Amazon and said iron Cross wants nothing to do with it and I can't get a partial refund or a box of hardware sent to me and that I have to return the entire thing. To make it worse it's listed right now for only $286 when I paid $340 for it last week. There's no way I'm going to try to attempt to return these things if they don't send me a new box. At this point I might have to try to buy my own hardware to get these things on.

IMG_20200530_152239~01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
I got screwed by third party vendors on Amazon before. Unless the item is listed as PRIME on Amazon, I will no longer buy. I think you have better luck buying on Ebay than 3rd Party Amazon with Ebays and Pay Pal buyer protection. Good luck.

Having said that, Amazon isn't going anywhere any time soon. Nearly everyone now shops at Amazon.

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

I got screwed by third party vendors on Amazon before. Unless the item is listed as PRIME on Amazon, I will no longer buy. I think you have better luck buying on Ebay than 3rd Party Amazon with Ebays and Pay Pal buyer protection. Good luck.

Having said that, Amazon isn't going anywhere any time soon. Nearly everyone now shops at Amazon.
So I counted all the hardware and it looks like I'm missing the 5/16 carriage bolts to secure the bars to the bracket. I'm gonna go to the store later and see if I can get some . The 3rd party agreed to credit me $25.

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

I went to get some hardware today and put em on best I could. They look good from certain angles but the back bows out especially when looking right down on it .. don't know what to think of it.

Jeep Gladiator Beat by Amazon yet again IMG_20200602_171005

Jeep Gladiator Beat by Amazon yet again IMG_20200602_171429

Jeep Gladiator Beat by Amazon yet again IMG_20200602_171052

Jeep Gladiator Beat by Amazon yet again IMG_20200602_171429

IMG_20200602_171252.jpg

Chance_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I went to get some hardware today and put em on best I could. They look good from certain angles but the back bows out especially when looking right down on it .. don't know what to think of it.
I mentioned how to (mostly) fix this earlier in your thread.

Circled in red is the part that is causing issues, cut it along the yellow line. It isn't actually the rear most bracket causing the problem, its the third bracket (green arrow), but it wasn't visible enough in the photo to show you what I mean.

Jeep Gladiator Beat by Amazon yet again icfix

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

I thought of you when I was putting it on but I don't have an angle grinder. I guess a project for another day.

Sponsored

Chance_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I thought of you when I was putting it on but I don't have an angle grinder. I guess a project for another day.
I used a dremel with a cutoff disc. It's pretty soft metal. I took some photos to show you how much I removed and how my rails ended up looking. The rails are pushed tight against #2 (uncut) & 3 (cut) brackets.

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

Looks good man! I'll have to redo everything one of these days. I'm putting a 3.5" lift soon so I might not even notice it anymore when it's higher.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
I got Rock Hard sliders, made in Nebraska, packaged so well I couldn't believe it, and shipped by fedex trucking. Nothing like the haphazard packaging that other companies do. And, the powder coating on them is first rate. Amazon may be cheap, but cheap isn't always good enough.
Rock Hard is a top rate manufacturer for sure. I bought a HD front and rear bumper for my JK from Rugged Ridge and the packaging was overkill.

Cheap isn't always bad if you buy a good solid brand name. Having said that, most of the 3rd party sellers I've run across from Amazon are from China, sell cloned parts and are 3rd party so they don't have to follow Amazons policies. If they have issues or complaints and Amazon shuts them down, they just start selling again under a new name.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
The Rock Hard JT sliders use box tubing against the pinch welds, and have a "kink" so they follow the body from #3 to #4 pair of pinch weld mounting holes.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
If you get Amazon on chat or the phone, they will pretty much always make it right for you, third party or not. I say "pretty much" because I don't know when they might not, but so far, 100% for me, and I've been using them since the 90s. There may be problems, but a chat with Amazon takes care of it every time.

But damn Fedex. I don't think I get any packages from them that don't have an issue, from random tracking info changes to damage. My Ace sliders arrived last week with the box ripped up like crazy. Luckily Ace over-packs them, and there is no hardware since it uses OEM bolts. USPS is 100% for me and UPS 90%. I tried to choose a non-Fedex option with Ace, but I guess they switched it back anyway.
Sponsored