Sponsored

Beat by Amazon yet again

• Thread starter Deleted member 30519
  • Start date
  • Watchers 17
OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

If you get Amazon on chat or the phone, they will pretty much always make it right for you, third party or not. I say "pretty much" because I don't know when they might not, but so far, 100% for me, and I've been using them since the 90s. There may be problems, but a chat with Amazon takes care of it every time.

But damn Fedex. I don't think I get any packages from them that don't have an issue, from random tracking info changes to damage. My Ace sliders arrived last week with the box ripped up like crazy. Luckily Ace over-packs them, and there is no hardware since it uses OEM bolts. USPS is 100% for me and UPS 90%. I tried to choose a non-Fedex option with Ace, but I guess they switched it back anyway.
I know what you mean about amazon because they were always really good to me too especially over chat but lately they won't budge on anything. BTW.. I'd advise anyone looking at these iron cross steps not to buy them. The powder coating is already chipping in a bunch of spots. I should of just shelled out more money and went with something else.
Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Maybe depends where you are. We order from them constantly Bay Area and haven't had a single issue like this in all our years.

basicGlad

First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
miata, vw bugg, subaru
Build Thread
Link
Amazon had an advantage for the longest time just straight-up undercutting people and being the lowest price. They turned a lot of places like Sears and Walmart and home Depot and Barnes & Noble and bookstores into their showrooms. People with shopping stores but be looking on Amazon at the same time and just buy from Amazon if it was cheaper. Or they going to a store to look at a product and then go home and buy it on Amazon.

But now that everyone else is doing fast shipping and ship to store and online shopping you just go and pick it up groceries. Amazon's lowest price which they don't even have always anymore isn't holding them up

HappyGilm78

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Just so you are aware, I was able to get my entire prime membership refunded but not cancelled. I've had huge issues with their shipping even when it was being ship through the Amazon internal network. Boxes were constantly late, damaged products and boxes go completely missing within their internal network. Call their customer service and demand your prime membership to be refunded due to all these issues.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I've never found Amazon to be the lowest price on most things, sometimes the opposite. I would still choose them because they are the least hassle. I remember one specific $350 purchase, where someone else was $25 cheaper. Bought it from the cheap guy, the product was crap, and I was never able to get a refund. Amazon would have just taken it back. Learned my lesson. These days I always check Amazon even after finding it somewhere else via google, to see if they are close to the price. And also to save on shipping, sometimes it's just exorbitant pricing on shipping from other places.

Sponsored

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
I've been screwed by third parties at least three times, Amazon only sided with me one of them. Now if it isn't Prime, I don't buy it. No Amazon isn't always the lowest price but when you buy Prime you get it days before the same item on Ebay and with a much more streamlined return/refund policy.

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I just received the Iron Cross steps yesterday. I bought through Amazon but there was a shop here in AZ on the other side of the valley which had them in stock. I purposely spent about $40 more to buy from that seller. Box arrived by UPS undamaged, steps were perfect, all hardware was present minus the bag breaking open. The only main gripe was the brackets beat the hell out of each other in the large box so I had to spraypaint them mainly to prevent rust.

However, good call on modifying the brackets. I plan on buying black hardware and replacing all the bolts so they aren't as noticeable and I will cut the 3rd and 4th brackets back. I really can't stand how far the rear stays away from the curvature of the rear cab. I can't wait to fix the brackets.

The function of these steps are awesome though. I have found for me most steps are too far forward for my liking where these it doesn't matter where you step. Not to mention I can fully access the roof and front of the bed now.

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

I just received the Iron Cross steps yesterday. I bought through Amazon but there was a shop here in AZ on the other side of the valley which had them in stock. I purposely spent about $40 more to buy from that seller. Box arrived by UPS undamaged, steps were perfect, all hardware was present minus the bag breaking open. The only main gripe was the brackets beat the hell out of each other in the large box so I had to spraypaint them mainly to prevent rust.

However, good call on modifying the brackets. I plan on buying black hardware and replacing all the bolts so they aren't as noticeable and I will cut the 3rd and 4th brackets back. I really can't stand how far the rear stays away from the curvature of the rear cab. I can't wait to fix the brackets.

The function of these steps are awesome though. I have found for me most steps are too far forward for my liking where these it doesn't matter where you step. Not to mention I can fully access the roof and front of the bed now.
Idk what kind of tires your running but I have 35x12.5s and rocks chipped the hell out of the ends of the powder coating already. I've touched it up several times in the last couple of months already.

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered some iron cross step bars on Amazon for $340 and the box showed up half torn apart. The hardware box was missing half the bolts, instructions were torn up and step bars are scraped up. Now I have to wait 2 days just for the 3rd party vendor to respond. Amazon is gonna fall off like eBay soon if they keep sending out returned junk to people. This is probably my 4th issue out or my last 7 orders. Not a good percentage rate. Ughhh now I have a couple of huge paper weights in the garage and no protection from rocks with my 35s.
A couple of weeks ago, I ordered some hing mirrors. They shipped it in just the display box, no outer packaging. They only put shipping tape on the box bottom, the top only had one of those tape circles, and it was delivered during a downpour. The box was soaking wet, the top open and the only thing in the box was one bracket, no mirrors.

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

A couple of weeks ago, I ordered some hing mirrors. They shipped it in just the display box, no outer packaging. They only put shipping tape on the box bottom, the top only had one of those tape circles, and it was delivered during a downpour. The box was soaking wet, the top open and the only thing in the box was one bracket, no mirrors.
That sucks!

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'd say your gripe could be just as much with the shipping company, maybe more than Amazon...

All the shipping companies suck ass.

I pre-ordered a custom guitar pedal from Engl in Germany...Covid-19 happened, and they didn't ship for well over a month. it finally shipped on May 20, coming from Atlanta, and was supposed to arrive on May 22... It didn't, and said it would be "delayed". And now it doesn't even give an estimated delivery date! And I have yet to see my damn package!!!!!!!!!!! That shit was expensive, and I've had that money floating in limbo for almost 2 months now waiting on my package to arrive!

USPS can kiss the fattest part of my ass, as far as I'm concerned.
For the record, I bought (and paid for) this thing in April... It never arrived... And has been getting monthly delays since. Now Engl is saying it should ship end of August... WTF!!!!!! I guess at this point I can just hope I finally get it as a Christmas present. :mad::mad::mad:

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
I don't know with ALL of the issues with 3rd party vendors on Amazon that people continue to buy from them. Why do you think they are 3rd party vendors? Because they don't and won't follow Amazons rules and when they get caught and dropped by Amazon, they just come back again with a different business name and Amazon allows it. If you buy anything that isn't Amazon Prime, then I honestly don't feel sorry for you. Pay a few dollars more and buy from someone with a good reputation or someone local or get what you pay for.

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

For the record, I bought (and paid for) this thing in April... It never arrived... And has been getting monthly delays since. Now Engl is saying it should ship end of August... WTF!!!!!! I guess at this point I can just hope I finally get it as a Christmas present. :mad::mad::mad:
Your not missing much dude it's mediocre product at best. And I'm being generous.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Your not missing much dude it's mediocre product at best. And I'm being generous.
The brand new 2020 Engl Powerball preamp pedal that hasn’t been shipped to any vendors yet? I heard good and bad, but was hoping for the best. My Diezel Herbert preamp pedal is awesome. Sounds just like the real deal, running through my Blackstar S1-100 EL34B head...

The company that sold it to me, said theyfeel bad, so if I wanted, I could put that money towards a discounted Engl Fireball 25w head that is releasing this year, if they’ll ever ship them... So I could end up with one of those instead for WAY less than retail...

Probably will go that route.

Wheresjigs

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Nunyabizness
I feel like its the luck of the draw. I got these side steps from Amazon and they came with no issues. I have had other packages come damaged I think it comes down to the laziness of the handlers of the boxes which sucks for us.
Sponsored