First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler ,2023Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
First time Jeep owner. Bought my new Gladiator last week and I would love some input on tonneau covers. My last cover was low profile that sat on top of the bed sides. It was a tri fold hard cover but the last section didn't fold up which was never really an issue for my needs. Only had to take it off a couple of times which was very simple to do. I was thinking about getting one that is a little more flush for my new truck. Also I would like to get a bed rail system to mount a few things. My concern is getting a cover that works with the rail system. Would like to get a tri fold hard cover. I would love to get some input and suggestions from those that have bought tonneau covers for their Gladiator. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Dog Dad

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler ,2023Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
I purchased the soft folding cover right from the factory,had it for a year now with no complaints.

OP
OP
JCappy

JCappy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma, Shopping for a jeep
There is no "best", but make sure you pick one that fits your needs.

I went with a hybrid hard roll up because I wasn't fond of having to block my whole rearview with a trifold any time I needed it open. I wanted more security than a soft roll up offers because I regularly keep stuff in the back, but nothing that isn't replaceable so if it does get stolen it's not the end of the world. That said, I don't need someone taking a knife to a soft cover and stealing a $300 dollar cooler or fishing rod either. Weigh the pros and cons of what you need it for and make your selection based on that vs what others are telling you is "best". If you're looking to load it up with weight you will want a hard folding one.

Armis Hard Rolling Tonneau Cover | Rugged Ridge
All good points. I don't want a soft cover because I want something more secure like you stated. I have only owned a tri-fold where the last section remains flat on the truck. Was never really an issue except when loading pine straw as it limited that area to only one bale. I also don't plan on adding weight to I don't need anything like a Diamondback. I'm leaning towards a hard roll up or bak flip. Your point about blocking the back glass is a good one but I use my side mirrors more than my rear view. I don't have one on my work truck so I guess I am used to driving that way. I like that you don't have to flip up the tonneau all the way on the tri fold where as you have to roll the roll up all the way up. May try that for something different, who knows. Decisions decisions. Appreciate the input.

OP
OP
JCappy

JCappy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am still trying to decide what I want, no cover with locked Boxes which is what I am running now, or Drawers, or a cover like what you are talking about.
My favorite cover is: https://renegadecovers.com/product/renegade-tonneau-cover/?v=7516fd43adaa Pricy, but very heavy duty. Also, the Diamond Back cover is worth looking into. I also will look into the ones mentioned here. I just want a secure way of carrying my stuff.

Trail Rails- save a lot of money $ Look into Unistrut that electricians use. Find the type with solid back, and you make your own holes to match the Galddy bed, otherwise they come with holes in the back. Sand 'em a bit, and paint them for the best look. There are several videos on U-Tube for Build Your Own Trail Rails. Trail Rails will cost you $300-$400 new, the Unistrut might cost $30-60 dollars. There are lots of Unistrut hardware for mounting tie down hooks, loops, or what you think is best for the load you are carrying. I installed mine in a day, and I have no rust.
Yikes that is one pricy tonneau but it looks nice. Don't think I need anything that extreme. Love the bed rail idea. I'll have to look into that. Thanks

WSTP3

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I've had good luck with my BAK Revolver X4s as well. It has the t slots for easy accessory installs.

20231103_103913 (1).jpg

20230916_172742.jpg

20231103_103921 (1).jpg

20231022_104025.jpg

Sponsored

Tom C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude Diesel
Love my Roll-n-lock - super easy to open and close, looks great, has rail option and mounted my rack straight to it. Killer combo imho.

Jeep Gladiator Best Tonneau Cover 20231022_104025

It looks like you could have Chaff and Flare system mounted to that.

OldSarge

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Off-roader, fisherman
OP
OP
JCappy

JCappy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've had good luck with my BAK Revolver X4s as well. It has the t slots for easy accessory installs.

Do you have any pictures of the inside showing the rails where the T slots would mount accessories? Would love to see some things actually attached to give me an idea of what to expect. I keep going back and forth between the tri fold and roll up. Thanks

WSTP3

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Do you have any pictures of the inside showing the rails where the T slots would mount accessories? Would love to see some things actually attached to give me an idea of what to expect. I keep going back and forth between the tri fold and roll up. Thanks
I attached some photos of the t slot rail with the rack. It's very easy to add on just about any accessories that use the t slot system.

20231109_204928.jpg

20231109_204907.jpg

20231109_204859.jpg

OP
OP
JCappy

JCappy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I attached some photos of the t slot rail with the rack. It's very easy to add on just about any accessories that use the t slot system.

Jeep Gladiator Best Tonneau Cover 20231109_204859

I see what you're talking about now. They're on the outside. I was thinking about T slots like the trail rails on the inside of the bed. I have more need for that than on the outside. BTW that is a great setup you have going.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JCappy

JCappy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just want to thank everyone for their input. I just ordered the Bak Flip MX4. I got a great deal from Realtruck for being a forum member. I went back and forth between the MX4 and the X4S. The MX4 is in stock where the X4s is not plus I had a tri fold on my last truck that I liked but this should be better as it opens up all the way for use of the entire bed. Looking forward to getting it installed on my new Mojave as a first time jeep owner :)

IPRoutes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave 2023 Bright White
Occupation
Sr. Network Architect
I have the Bestop EZ-Fold in Black Twill matching the Black Twill Sunrider.

Jeep Gladiator Best Tonneau Cover IMG_1367

Jeep Gladiator Best Tonneau Cover 1699714332235

Jeep Gladiator Best Tonneau Cover 1699714290444

Bloggins

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator

Is this tonneau attached to the trail rails on the inside? Do you have pictures of that? Or if not would the tonneau interfere with the trail rail system?

OP
OP
JCappy

JCappy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is this tonneau attached to the trail rails on the inside? Do you have pictures of that? Or if not would the tonneau interfere with the trail rail system?
The MX4 and X4S both work with the trail rail system. Contact Amber Connelly with real truck. Her contact information is at the beginning of this thread. I sent her an email and got a great discount on a cover. I received it in 3 days and I finished installing it yesterday. You will not beat the price she offers you as a member of this forum so you need to mention that to her in your email.
Sponsored