Sponsored

Bluetooth Speaker Ready?

Adawg1203

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
No .... I'm not sure why people got the impression it worked with the stereo. It is stuffed behind seat where it wouldn't make a very good speaker for the stereo system. And bluetooth of the Jeep stereo system is for a source to play to the Jeep not the Jeep to play to a speaker.

The speaker is for when your parked and off enjoying the outdoors and need to take your music with you outside the Jeep. It behaves no different then a bluetooth speaker you buy at the store other then being on-call fully charged all the time by the Jeep. It is also a handy USB charger for your devices.
If you have the bluetooth speaker, when in it's placed into the docking station (charging), it will become part of your active stereo system.

You can question the quality of sound due to placement but, the speaker itself is very much active and outputing sound.

Have you actually listened to it while in vehicle?
Sponsored

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass Limited, Audi Q8
It does not play along with the stereo. When its docked it doesn't even turn on. I have heard there is a +/- from the amp but no one I have seen has gotten it to play. Does yours turn on?

If you have the premium sound system the subwoofer sits right next to it - so if your feeling it and thinking its playing your just feeling the subwoofer shake the whole back panel. Put your hand on the center subwoofer cover - it feels the same. If the speaker were playing you would here high and mid-range coming from it.

I just went out and tried it myself - in no way does my bluetooth speaker play along with the stereo.

Adawg1203

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
It does not play along with the stereo. When its docked it doesn't even turn on. I have heard there is a +/- from the amp but no one I have seen has gotten it to play. Does yours turn on?

If you have the premium sound system the subwoofer sits right next to it - so if your feeling it and thinking its playing your just feeling the subwoofer shake the whole back panel. Put your hand on the center subwoofer cover - it feels the same. If the speaker were playing you would here high and mid-range coming from it.

I just went out and tried it myself - in no way does my bluetooth speaker play along with the stereo.
Its not a feeling. You can actually hear the artists voices coming through the speaker. Flipped my seat down and clearly hear the music. Put your ear directly onto the speaker and you hear it. There is no question sound is coming from the speaker when in its docking station.

Last edited:

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not mine ;.... I will play with later to see if any kind of setting that will.

Adawg1203

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
Not mine ;.... I will play with later to see if any kind of setting that will.
Can you remove the speaker while your system is playing and listen for a change in sound then put speaker back into docking station and see if the sound changes again?

Sponsored

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK I stand corrected - I had to hit the reset button again on back on the speaker and put it back in place and it is playing from the factory radio (not a lot of sound but it is functioning as a speaker in the system).

It goes back now to - what causes this speaker to just keep locking up and having to be reset! I guess me and others have never put our head down to see if playing when wasn't locked up from whatever causes it.

Thanks Adawg1203 for pointing out. Everyone has said it made no sense as to why there were leads coming from stereo to it.

I need to play around more with what is causing the lockups. Adawg1203 - does yours lock up and need reset button pressed a lot?

Adawg1203

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
OK I stand corrected - I had to hit the reset button again on back on the speaker and put it back in place and it is playing from the factory radio (not a lot of sound but it is functioning as a speaker in the system).

It goes back now to - what causes this speaker to just keep locking up and having to be reset! I guess me and others have never put our head down to see if playing when wasn't locked up from whatever causes it.

Thanks Adawg1203 for pointing out. Everyone has said it made no sense as to why there were leads coming from stereo to it.

I need to play around more with what is causing the lockups. Adawg1203 - does yours lock up and need reset button pressed a lot?
To date I have never had to do a reset, thankfully.

It is definitely strange you and others are experiencing lockups. I'm wondering if it's software related or maybe the dealer can swap out your speaker???

RedRaptorJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR Launch Edition
Just had my BT speaker replaced after having all the issues described here (resets, no sound, cut outs) and finally it wouldn't power on anymore.

Will be testing the new replacement speaker thoroughly both in and out of the truck.

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine would lock up and have to be reset the first few weeks - after that it has been fine when pulled it out. I think turning it off before putting on power helps (just my random thought of what I do different now)
Sponsored