First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
I’m sure it’s just me, they look like they were installed backwards.
Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I’m sure it’s just me, they look like they were installed backwards.
Nahh.. The body lines on the JT are not straight. Its tapered to the back, ever so slightly. So with these steps because its basically a straight box tube its kicked out at the back to make contact. You can see it in the images of the steps. They are simply wider at the back end then the front. And the widening all takes place at the end.

Jeep Gladiator Body Armor rock crawler side steps 1676046956464

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
I understand how the body lines work, I build my own rock sliders.

if you look at the white one posted in October, there’s more material visible in the front than what’s sticking out on the back.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I understand how the body lines work, I build my own rock sliders.

if you look at the white one posted in October, there’s more material visible in the front than what’s sticking out on the back.
No there is not. Thats just the angle the picture was taken from interacting with the body lines. If I take a picture from the same angle it also looks like they are sticking out at the front.

I just walked out & took these from above & below.

Jeep Gladiator Body Armor rock crawler side steps 1676047616815

Jeep Gladiator Body Armor rock crawler side steps 1676047630502

Jeep Gladiator Body Armor rock crawler side steps 1676047643720

Jeep Gladiator Body Armor rock crawler side steps 1676047655639

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
Hey, since you don't mind stepping outside....mind taking one with your foot on it? :) Want something that will work for the kiddos getting in.

Sponsored

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
No there is not. Thats just the angle the picture was taken from interacting with the body lines. If I take a picture from the same angle it also looks like they are sticking out at the front.
And all of your photos look like there’s more in the back than there is in the front. I guess we’re just looking at two different pictures apparently.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, since you don't mind stepping outside....mind taking one with your foot on it? :) Want something that will work for the kiddos getting in.
Foot is a 13 wide for reference.
Jeep Gladiator Body Armor rock crawler side steps 1676048141295

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And all of your photos look like there’s more in the back than there is in the front. I guess we’re just looking at two different pictures apparently.
I have seen multiple debates about these steps between here & facebook groups. The debates are always pretty much the same things as when we look at the side of the gladiator it looks straight, but then you install these which are essentially a straight edge (given that the main portion of them is a 1.5x3" approx box tube) & the lines look funky.

When I bougt them they were just under 400 bucks tax & shipping included. They were about half the price of anything else that looked half way decent & if you dont look at the down angle on these they look great I am happy with them. Seeing that they are now almost 200 bucks more then I paid I am not sure if they are still a value. Other options may of gone up as well, but I would expect a higher end step to bend with the contours of the body vs just being a straight edge pointing out that the otherwise straight looking body isnt actually straight.