Bought My First Jeep and some New Shoes

jnghiem005

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I'm a newbie to the jeep world. Never owned a truck before, but when i saw the new Gladiators i had to get one! Picked her up about almost 2 weeks ago and so far i'm loving it. Bought it from Huntington Beach Jeep, and even though i purchased it from there it was of the worst experience I've had a dealership...but i digress.

I've mostly have had sportier cars in the past, so this is a big change for me, driving wise,and lifestyle. Today, I picked new wheels and tires, 17' Method 305 wheels w/ 35 inch Nitto Grapplers G2. I love the way they look even without a lift. A little bumpy at first because installer aired it to 52psi, but once i aired it down to 35 psi the ride became a lot smoother.

I've been looking around for lift kits for the past week, bur unfortunately there is not much on the market right now. I visited Evo mfg and they wanted $4600 installed for their Enforcer Overland stage 2 lift kit. I hear they make great stuff, but im just not sure i'm want to spend $4600 when i'm new to the jeep culture. I got to drive a JL with a Teraflex 2.5 sport st2 w/ Falcon 2.1 monotube suspension kit and it was much more responsive than my JT, but sadly:( the autoshop told me they don't make them for the JT yet. The Teraflex are only a few hundred dollars more than the Mopar Kit, anybody have experience with both kits?
I would love to starting taking my JT out offroading, but unfortunately none of my buddies are into that kid of stuff. Any you guys can point to Jeep Off Roading clubs for newbies like myself?

IMG_20190707_212321.jpg

IMG_20190718_185140.jpg

IMG_20190718_171031.jpg

On a side note, if any of you guys looking for a good deal on stock JT Rubicon Tiries & Wheels with less than 600 miles on them, pm me.
Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Welcome! Nice jeep! Borrego? Frazier Park? Mojave?

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
I'm not sure what shops you have visited but I would highly recommend Rebel Offroad. They are in Laguna Hills. They are very involved in the wheeling scene and have an overland running 37's with an undisclosed lift. I can't say for sure but I think it may be a Terraflex prototype. They recently posted a few pics on their Facebook page asking if they should go up to 40's with a picture of some mounted up. Good people there and a wealth of Jeep knowledge.

JOKER8R

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR / GCM - 2016 KIA Optima
Nice pics, love the wheels and the tint looks spot on.

EDIT: how much poke do you have and can you post a pic of it, thanks

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Looks great but I want to hear more about the shoes.

Sponsored

b_srt_tell

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Dodge SRT-4, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I'm a newbie to the jeep world. Never owned a truck before, but when i saw the new Gladiators i had to get one! Picked her up about almost 2 weeks ago and so far i'm loving it. Bought it from Huntington Beach Jeep, and even though i purchased it from there it was of the worst experience I've had a dealership...but i digress.

I've mostly have had sportier cars in the past, so this is a big change for me, driving wise,and lifestyle. Today, I picked new wheels and tires, 17' Method 305 wheels w/ 35 inch Nitto Grapplers G2. I love the way they look even without a lift. A little bumpy at first because installer aired it to 52psi, but once i aired it down to 35 psi the ride became a lot smoother.

I've been looking around for lift kits for the past week, bur unfortunately there is not much on the market right now. I visited Evo mfg and they wanted $4600 installed for their Enforcer Overland stage 2 lift kit. I hear they make great stuff, but im just not sure i'm want to spend $4600 when i'm new to the jeep culture. I got to drive a JL with a Teraflex 2.5 sport st2 w/ Falcon 2.1 monotube suspension kit and it was much more responsive than my JT, but sadly:( the autoshop told me they don't make them for the JT yet. The Teraflex are only a few hundred dollars more than the Mopar Kit, anybody have experience with both kits?
I would love to starting taking my JT out offroading, but unfortunately none of my buddies are into that kid of stuff. Any you guys can point to Jeep Off Roading clubs for newbies like myself?

IMG_20190707_212321.jpg

IMG_20190718_185140.jpg

IMG_20190718_171031.jpg

On a side note, if any of you guys looking for a good deal on stock JT Rubicon Tiries & Wheels with less than 600 miles on them, pm me.
Those look great! How far do the tires stick out of the fenders with those wheels?

OP
OP

jnghiem005

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I'm not sure what shops you have visited but I would highly recommend Rebel Offroad. They are in Laguna Hills. They are very involved in the wheeling scene and have an overland running 37's with an undisclosed lift. I can't say for sure but I think it may be a Terraflex prototype. They recently posted a few pics on their Facebook page asking if they should go up to 40's with a picture of some mounted up. Good people there and a wealth of Jeep knowledge.
Thanks for the recommendation, but i went ahead and ordered the Evo 2.5 Enforcer Overland stage 2 lift kit with King Shocks. Having it installed this Weds at Evo Evolutions. Hella excited, can wait to see how it turns out!

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
Thanks for the recommendation, but i went ahead and ordered the Evo 2.5 Enforcer Overland stage 2 lift kit with King Shocks. Having it installed this Weds at Evo Evolutions. Hella excited, can wait to see how it turns out!
That sounds Awesome. I am sure it will turn out fantastic. EVO does some nice stuff.

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am
You said "hella". You need to come back to NorCal if you're going to be throwing that word around :CWL:

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Healthcare
How did the lift workout for you and why did you decide to go with the Enforcer Overland over the Enforcer?
Sponsored