First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Investigations
Had a front end noise a few weeks ago the dealer couldn’t diagnose. They said they cleaned and checked everything. It’s there all the time but audible slowing from 25mph 2wd or 4wd doesn’t matter. Also does not change with breaking or going in nutural.

back to the dealer Wednesday but they keep brushing it off saying if they can’t pinpoint it jeep won’t pay to fix it.

Well with the return of the single digit temps it’s back but I got much better sound clips.

Also I’ve been getting a weird grinding like plastic gears. I’d say abs but it’s not when breaking and no lights come on (abs or traction control) one time it stayed grinding for a good 5 seconds.

going ba
Sponsored

Attachments

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
OK here's what ya do: Get a buddy that trusts you and have him lay down in front of the truck. (parallel to frame and not perpendicular, this part is very important). Then drive over him at about 25 mph a few times and see if he can pinpoint it.

If it was me, I'd rig up a gopro or an old cellphone attached to the frame and record a few different angles/speeds and see if I couldn't track it down that way. It sounds like it's def related to wheel speed. Does it do it while coasting in neutral? 🤔

OP
OP
mcd2484

mcd2484

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Investigations
Hahahaha I’m asking you guys cause I already tried your method and my friends all died under mysterious circumstances. Yes continues in neutral however it is somewhat temp related. First few miles of the day never hear it and it’s very infrequent over 40 degrees. I’d say a sticking slider pin or caliper but I should then be able to alter the noise with breaking.

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
Are you applying the breaks in nutural? Inquiring minds want too no.

LCF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave
Does this happen when you apply the brakes “harder”? I would try different pressure at different speeds.

Almost sounds like a pump whining…???

It’s under warranty…. try to break it…in a safe manner.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mcd2484

mcd2484

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Investigations
Does sound like a pump! However it’s definitely like a rotational effected noise. Started at around 800 miles and now has 3100. Noise hasn’t been worse per say however I’m feeling that plastic jerking feeling like when abs engages. However happens without any break movement and the abs or tc light should flicker when that happens.
Dealer took it out and said he couldn’t recreate the noise I told him to get his wallet and meet me out front I’m driving. I got the vehicle to recreate the noise and showed him my feet were off both pedals. The grinding he said yea it’s limited slip that’s what you are feeling. I’d buy it but only started when the noise got noticeable and I read the manual the tc or els light should flash when it engages

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
Sounds like the intro to Evil Lives Here on ID tv. You got a demon in there.

OP
OP
mcd2484

mcd2484

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Investigations