Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
I just saw the Bronco's factory tie rods. Holy F. They are smaller than my pinky finger.

All of the SEMA builds that I've seen so far have the factory tie rods.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
For the VAST majority of wrangler buyers, the solid front axle is NOT a positive. What percentage of wrangler buyers are hardcore rock crawlers? What percentage of buyers NEVER go offroad? Willing to bet the "never offroaders" outnumber the hardcore rock crawlers 25:1

As for being too big, 2.5 inches in nominal width, and the 4dr 6G is shorter than the JLU. Also the JLU outsells the JL something like 15:1 at least. Hell the JT outsells the JL and the JT is much longer than the JLU.

Using phrase like "history will show" are just false prognosticating bullshit. Also i love the "everyone who disagrees with me is wrong" mentality. Really shows your range and ability to apply critical thought.

Not sure how Raptors (a 60k truck) being as common as civics (a 20k sedan) is a bad thing in Ford's eyes... or anyone's. that's a fucking achievement that you completely ignore because you have a massive failure of ability to critically analyze anything that doesn't agree with the "facts" as you see them.

What you fail to recognize about wranglers and "street poser pieces" is MOST wranglers ARE street poser pieces. Like, the overwhelming majority.

As for you not choosing losing arguments... are you under the impression other people think they do? That's literally the dumbest sentence that's i've ever seen written down. "I make sure i think i'm correct before I argue something" is the most meaningless crap ever written. OF COURSE YOU THINK YOU'RE RIGHT. BUT THINKING YOU'RE RIGHT IS NOT WHAT MAKES YOU RIGHT.

Stop getting high on your own supply.
We seem to agree on a lot here so not sure where's the beef?

Yes, the solid front axle is a whatever to majority of buyers. But without it, you don't develop the many decades long aftermarket to support those who do the ridiculous with these machines which give the reputation and THAT is what many people buy. They buy that 'win on Sunday sell on Monday' type thing, they know resale will be there, they may like the feeling of having a piece of that awesomeness, whatever...so this is the point you're missing here. If you need a good street machine get a Honda CR-V. That's not what people 'want' however.

Next point, when the wrangler already pushes the size limits for what it is....then over bloating those dimensions by a few inches is a big friggin deal, sorry you can't see that, it's a pork chop, the Jeep is way more efficient.

I live in an oil town in Alberta, there really is as many raptors as civics here. Ford has done well. And once again I won't argue Ford's ability to sell stuff. So it seems clear to me that the bronco is just more of the same and not really taking on Jeep at the level you would need to actually build something that could one day dethrone the Jeep. So we likely agree they were more focused on making money and less focused on actually building a better Jeep. It's obvious. That's all I'm pointing out. I'm not saying it's a crappy vehicle, I'm saying if they were trying to take a shot a the legendary Jeep Wrangler they swung and missed. The aftermarket will not develop, the guys building the legends won't develop, sema will enjoy a short burst of bronco as something new to market but will fade off quickly, it's just a 4-runner/fj with convertible option. And people like those things and they will sell. I'm not arguing that. It will remain 10 jeeps to 1 of these along with anything else on the trail because they missed big time. I give huge props to offering the manual transmission.

I'm not wrong lol and we seem to say the same things often just a little different tint on our glasses. ;)

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2003 Cadalac STS
Occupation
Retired
I don't find it attractive at all, but the HP and Torque #'s are impressive.

yfarm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
Own a 13 JKUR and a Raptor. Ordered a wild trak looking forward to raptor highway ride with jeep capabilities on fs roads and blm roads. Not a rock crawler. Jeep wears me out on long highway trips.

Carrotzilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Glad
Must feel good to be so confident and wrong at the same time.

Bronco was designed with the Wrangler directly in its cross hair and they hit it out of the park.

You can argue it all you want but you're wrong. Im a day one reservation holder and love the Bronco and sat in and got to go for a test ride (they didn't let me drive) and its fantastic.

Why didn't I buy it then?

I decided for me having a truck bed and better towing capacity was important and out weighed the +s that Bronco offered.

Im not saying the Bronco is better in every facet. You're going to have compromises and sacrifices when you try to improve on certain things. Theres are always going to be people who love what they love and refuse to acknowledge when something else has merit and you seem to be blindly focus on a few very small details in the scope of the much larger whole.

The Bronco is good, very good and if you cant see that then thats your prerogative and no matter what I or anyone else says you're going to stick to that and thats fine. I can respect that.

The good news for you is it will force Jeep to raise its game because without competition Jeep didn't really have to make any big changes, just sit on their laurels. Now they will be.

And this full size mid size argument is nonsense. It's based on a Ranger chassis.
Wow, I was bad mouthed for saying broncos Were too big to compare against Jeeps (Ford stated main competition). ‘No one compares Jeeps to Broncos’ tripe was all over this forum. I like both, prefer the Jeep for the manual. Hard to find a bronc with a 6 speed.
Sponsored