First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Huh. I have seen some complaints on the Bronco forums but nothing like that, outside of a couple people it’s been really minor stuff. I’ve driven 3 different Broncos in 3 different trims and they all drove really nice, including the Sasquatch. I didn’t see any issues with the fit and finish or the materials in them, it was just fine. They were all dealer demos so maybe that’s it, I dunno. All 3 I drove were soft top though.
his is a soft top.

i would have refused to accept delivery of his had it been me. The fit and finish is garbage.
Sponsored

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
I was actually being funny that the people who brought you the picture you deemed idiotic also did the test you deemed would be idiotic.

I'm not taking anything away from the bronco being a capable off roader. I'm just saying its more FJ competitor than jeep in my eyes. The FJ was wildly capable, i had one it was great off road and fun to throw around stuff on road.

Just to make a few points though since you seem to be very defensive of the bronco, the sahara was on 32's and not 35's like the bronco, to get to a score of up near the 700 like the wrangler it just needs a ratchet and an allen key to drop the sway bar links. Meanwhile, the Bronco to get a 500 was on sasquatch with the HOSS suspension which boosts its score by about 17% and on 35's so to use your term, comparing the base sahara to the off road ready bronco is "idiotic". At the end of the day the bronco does not, and will not have apples to apples the same articulation as a wrangler, particularly when it comes to droop. With that said neither does the hummer and it seems to do just fine with out it.

And you're right, its better than a cross over, the renegade & cherokee are at ~360 RTI so a Base bronco with out hoss loosing the ~ 17% edges it out at around 415.

Edit:
I actually went searching and it looks like disconecting the bronco swaybar manually should be almost as easy, its a bit more tucked and not in as easy a spot to get to but still not too bad:
1631121594448.png
I’m not being defensive, I’m pointing out the facts. I do the same thing on the Bronco forum when they talk about Wranglers. I’m not making anything up or posting opinions as facts.

This all started with that first photo that was left as nothing more than a troll job. It doesn’t properly portray the Bronco but that poster wasn’t trying to achieve that. I have absolutely no idea where you’re getting any of this info involving 35’s though. Ford provided the RTI scores and I find it hard to believe they did all of their tests involving the Sasquatch package. The Badlands comes standard with 33’s so it would be an odd way to advertise a sway bar disconnect by only doing it on an add-on package. It’s not outside the realm of possibility but I haven’t seen anything that says the 35’s were used. As far as talking about articulation and Broncos. The Bronco can disengage the sway bar under load so it can achieve that articulation at any point on a trail. So it’s absolutely fair to say that the Bronco has that level of articulation 100% of the time, if it’s a Badlands of course. People buy a Rubicon for a reason, the Badlands will be the same thing.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
I’m not being defensive, I’m pointing out the facts. I do the same thing on the Bronco forum when they talk about Wranglers. I’m not making anything up or posting opinions as facts.

This all started with that first photo that was left as nothing more than a troll job. It doesn’t properly portray the Bronco but that poster wasn’t trying to achieve that. I have absolutely no idea where you’re getting any of this info involving 35’s though. Ford provided the RTI scores and I find it hard to believe they did all of their tests involving the Sasquatch package. The Badlands comes standard with 33’s so it would be an odd way to advertise a seat bar disconnect by only doing it on an add-on package. It’s not outside the realm of possibility but I haven’t seen anything that says the 35’s were used. As far as talking about articulation and Broncos. The Bronco can disengage the sway bar under load so it can achieve that articulation at any point on a trail. So it’s absolutely fair to say that the Bronco has that level of articulation 100% of the time, if it’s a Badlands of course. People buy a Rubicon for a reason, the Badlands will be the same thing.
Ford said up to 700 and 620 on the badlands. Considering how much they're touting those numbers and that they use the sasquatch on a badlands to get all their other numbers such as break over, ground clearance etc, its a fair assumption to say that the sasquatch badlands is getting the 500/620 unless for some reason the sasquatch lowers RTI (seems highly unlikely).

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Ford said up to 700 and 620 on the badlands. Considering how much they're touting those numbers and that they use the sasquatch on a badlands to get all their other numbers such as break over, ground clearance etc, its a fair assumption to say that the sasquatch badlands is getting the 500/620 unless for some reason the sasquatch lowers RTI (seems highly unlikely).
This is all I could find.

“But the most-capable models ride on a suspension that’s about .75-inch taller and have 9.44-inches of wheel travel up front and 10.27-inches in the rear. That, Ford says, is 17 percent more than the Bronco’s closest competitor. But big tire fans take note, that spec is only achievable with 33-inch tires. Trucks with 35-inch tires have that travel reduced by a few millimeters to avoid clearance issues.”

I think all those scores are on stock Badlands.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
This is all I could find.

“But the most-capable models ride on a suspension that’s about .75-inch taller and have 9.44-inches of wheel travel up front and 10.27-inches in the rear. That, Ford says, is 17 percent more than the Bronco’s closest competitor. But big tire fans take note, that spec is only achievable with 33-inch tires. Trucks with 35-inch tires have that travel reduced by a few millimeters to avoid clearance issues.”

I think all those scores are on stock Badlands.
Huh, i wonder if the few milimeters less travel though would reduce it more than the gained inch of height. Either way seems like both of those should be pretty close then in RTI score.

Sponsored

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Huh, i wonder if the few milimeters less travel though would reduce it more than the gained inch of height. Either way seems like both of those should be pretty close then in RTI score.
Yeah, it’ll be a fun vehicle to drive if Ford ever builds it lol. It won’t be as capable as the Wrangler but the Wife insists it’s the only car she wants.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Yeah, it’ll be a fun vehicle to drive if Ford ever builds it lol. It won’t be as capable as the Wrangler but the Wife insists it’s the only car she wants.
I tried to convince my wife to get one but we've had 4 fords and just honestly havent had great experiences with any of them. I'm too dumb to learn my lesson cause i've always been a ford fan but she says no way in hell.

I'll keep trying though since it reminds me so much of my FJ I loved.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Well, it is back. The jeep bronc debate. God I missed it the last 45 years. Debates that couldnt, didn't, and wouldn't happpen, due to, well, the Forduar epoch. Remember? That time Ford tried to compete in the luxury segment? I almost forgot, too. Just like I almost forgot the bronc. So forgettable.

NoDoorsNoProblem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 2004 TJ Unlimited
The bronco has a ton of things better than Wrangler or Gladiator:

-A more powerful engine (that’s not a $4k, problem-ridden diesel or a price-limited, gonzo sized V8).
-Option for washout flooring and seating.
-frameless doors. Some may dislike, but I think it’s fantastic and it makes taking the doors off so much easier, plus the ability to store on board.
-360 degree camera.
-Fenders (not fender FLARES, the little black hoops in the wheel well, the whole entire FENDERS) that easily unbolt from the frame and can be swapped out for high clearance without cutting.
-Sasquatch giving you 35s (ok, 34s really) on ANY TRIM. That’s front and rear lockers and fancy reservoir shocks plus a lift on a $36k (2 door) or $38k (4 door) vehicle. And cheaper when the manual Sasquatch comes out. Jeep can’t touch that and locks it’s best off road features behind the Rubicon and Mojave models.
-no steering issues. Nothing that you will have to hunt down and chase in the suspension to make it ride better.
-despite the hard top problems, the middle panel in the 4 door is stupid simple and it’s crazy Jeep hasn’t added that to the wrangler already. Taking the wrangler top off is way more difficult than it needs to be because of that.

All that said, I cancelled my Bronco yesterday and ordered a Mojave Gladiator. The Bronco doesn’t have a truck bed, and can’t tow truck numbers. In the time that I’ve been waiting for the Bronco, I really reassessed what I want out of my next vehicle, and the Gladiator ticked those boxes. Do I wish I could have the 2.7 ecoboost in a Mojave? You bet your ass I’d pay 5k extra for that. But I can’t, so I went with what is in its own right a great truck and a great platform to turn into the vehicle that works for me.

Last edited:

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical

-A more powerful engine (that’s not a $4k, problem-ridden diesel or a price-limited, gonzo sized V8).
-frameless doors. Some may dislike, but I think it’s fantastic and it makes taking the doors off so much easier, plus the ability to store on board.
-360 degree camera.
-Fenders (not fender FLARES, the little black hoops in the wheel well, the whole entire FENDERS) that easily unbolt from the frame and can be swapped out for high clearance without cutting.
-Sasquatch giving you 35s (ok, 34s really) on ANY TRIM. That’s front and rear lockers and fancy reservoir shocks plus a lift on a $36k (2 door) or $38k (4 door) vehicle. And cheaper when the manual Sasquatch comes out. Jeep can’t touch that and locks it’s best off road features behind the Rubicon and Mojave models.
-no steering issues. Nothing that you will have to hunt down and chase in the suspension to make it ride better.
-despite the hard toproblems, the middle panel in the 4 door is stupid simple and it’s crazy Jeep hasn’t added that to the wrangler already. Taking the wrangler top off is way more difficult than it needs to be because of that.

All that said, I cancelled my Bronco yesterday and ordered a Mojave Gladiator. The Bronco doesn’t have a truck bed, and can’t tow truck numbers. In the time that I’ve been waiting for the Bronco, I really reassessed what I want out of my next vehicle, and the Gladiator ticked those boxes. Do I wish I could have the 2.7 ecoboost in a Mojave? You bet your ass I’d pay 5k extra for that. But I can’t, so I went with what is in its own right a great truck and a great platform to turn into the vehicle that works for me.
I know, I’d love it if the Mojave had the 2.7L. 330hp, 415 tq

Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
I know, I’d love it if the Mojave had the 2.7L. 330hp, 415 tq
I keep holding out hope for a 4xe 3.6 or a 5.7 gladiator. The pentastar is kind of a dog on these heavy trucks but it's reliable and cheap to fix.

Two different 2.7s exploded...twice on me in less than 3 years before the warranty went on my f150 I don't trust it farther than I can kick it.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
I keep holding out hope for a 4xe 3.6 or a 5.7 gladiator. The pentastar is kind of a dog on these heavy trucks but it's reliable and cheap to fix.

Two different 2.7s exploded...twice on me in less than 3 years before the warranty went on my f150 I don't trust it farther than I can kick it.
I was hoping that would be the case but I couldn’t hold off any longer with used car price trade in values. I didn’t know the 2.7L was that unreliable, that’s concerning.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
I was hoping that would be the case but I couldn’t hold off any longer with used car price trade in values. I didn’t know the 2.7L was that unreliable, that’s concerning.
I could just be unlucky when it comes to them. I didnt really tow or haul anything crazy just normal driving. Of course I'm sure for every 1 that blows there are literally thousands that are fine and will probably go 100k+ with just maintenance.

I really hope they throw a 5.0 in the bronco if not I'll roll the dice on a 2.3 for the wife.

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
Would be nice to actually see a 2 door in real life someday...

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation

-360 degree camera.
-despite the hard top problems, the middle panel in the 4 door is stupid simple and it’s crazy Jeep hasn’t added that to the wrangler already. Taking the wrangler top off is way more difficult than it needs to be because of that.

But,

- The EcoBust engines have had a HORRIBLE track record for dependability. You can stop in any Ford garage in the country and ask the technicians what they work on daily and they'll all say "EcoBoosts". I know because I've done it.
- Jeeps have had wash-out floors longer than we've been alive, and the seats are "water resistant". Would vinyl be nice? Maybe for some folks, but leather is nicer so Jeep went that way instead.
- Those fenders are easy to steal. Can be robbed in seconds. I don't see it as an advantage.
- Frameless doors are great when new, but as the years go by they always become a PITA. Won't seal properly, motors fail sooner due to how they have to get used EVERY time you open or close the door, door seals get torn, etc.
- I'd rather pay the money for GOOD 35 inch tires than the ultra-flimsy 35s that Ford uses as OE equipment. Did you see how lightweight those Goodyears are? There's a reason for that...

I see the Bronco as a brand new attempt at a Jeep clone, and I see the Jeep as the product of making a convertible 4x4 every single year for many decades and learning what works and what doesn't.
Sponsored