First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
You tried to dismiss it like it doesn't matter. It does matter. Unless I misunderstood you.

If so, my apologies. For what its worth, the regular Bronco would probably fail just as horribly as the Jeep.
Nope. I was pointing out comparing a Wranglers roof strength against a fixed roof vehicle isn’t an apples to apples comparison.
Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope. I was pointing out comparing a Wranglers roof strength against a fixed roof vehicle isn’t an apples to apples comparison.
Its not. But its still relevant. Generally speaking fixed roof vehicles are safer in a roll over.

Also, lighter vehicles are also safer. Note that the federal reg doesn't apply to vehicles with a GVW over 6000 lbs.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Its not. But its still relevant. Generally speaking fixed roof vehicles are safer in a roll over.

Also, lighter vehicles are also safer. Note that the federal reg doesn't apply to vehicles with a GVW over 6000 lbs.
I know it’s relevant, I never said it wasn’t. I simply said taking a crash of a Bronco Sport snd saying, “a Wrangler should be just as good,” is lazy and ignorant.

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
I don't really even do rollercoasters any more. This isn't for me. I enjoy a good scenic view, but not mere feet from the edge of a cliff.

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know it’s relevant, I never said it wasn’t. I simply said taking a crash of a Bronco Sport snd saying, “a Wrangler should be just as good,” is lazy and ignorant.
Agree 100%.

FitfulGoat

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Operations Leadership
More like mere inches in some spots. LOL
This. Even passing on blue (medium difficulty) rated trails can put you within 3-6 inches of the edge in certain stretches and depending on what vehicles are involved. Passing a Ford Raptor on the first stretch of engineer can even be a bit of a pucker.
Sponsored