Waiting on the Bronco

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
What do y'all think the odds are that the Bronco will be on the F150 chassis and the Baby Bronco will be on the Ranger's?
Sponsored

Gladiator Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JTR
This is one of the most entertaining threads in a while. I originally was waiting for bronco, but just loved the look of the Gladiator and always wanted a Jeep but could never justify another “SUV” in my driveway. With the practicality of a truck bed it didn’t take me long to pull the trigger. As much as I’m smiling while I drive, no regrets whatsoever.

Heyzeus

First Name
Charlie g
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator sport s
I am a Ford guy all the way. I have owned 5 mustangs & 3 rangers. They have all been great. I love Fords and hate Chevy’s. I have owned a few but only one was quality. I always wanted a Jeep but they were pricey and quality was always questionable. Our daughter has owned a few newer and older Jeeps and swears by them. We bought our first last year. It is a Trailhawk version of the Compass. We have really liked it. I knew I wanted the Gladiator for some time. So when it came out I jumped on it. It is not the most practical vehicle but I love it. I think the new Bronco is cool but it is a SUV and I wanted a truck. Nothing is as cool as a Jeep truck

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
A recent larger Ford mule made me wonder if it was a bigger-than-Ranger Bronco. Time will tell.

Sponsored

Cape taco12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
New bronco looks cool, but not better than a wrangler for the $$$ cool. At least a shit FCA product will have cheap aftermarket bulletproof parts.

I have a love-hate relationship with Ford.

Hate:
My dad had an 01 focus that lite on fire and turned into a full conflagration in the driveway, supposedly an electrical issue.

I have an 06 mustang V6 4.0 the motor died (plastic chain guides) at 60k. But the new motor was only $500 because there are so many junkyard motors.

Fiancé had a 2012 focus tranny died, and the car sucked traded it in for a Forester.

Love:
Have the new explorers as vehicles at work. Handle very well for an SUV, seem to hold up decently. The motor runs for about 16-20 hours a day and they are driven harder than any other vehicle on the road unless they are track rentals. Only real issue is the exhaust throwing emissions codes every 3 months or 30k miles and CO2 venting into the cab....

Guess I’m not likely to buy a Ford anytime. But I’ll buy a Ford before a buy another Subaru any day of the week. Defective motors, terrible service on same.

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
Given that rumors coming from Ford indicate they started with 2 and 4 door Bronco models....but are now planning a 4 door truck Bronco as well, we could see some direct competition.

Up venture

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
When I first seen the new bronco concept back 10-12 years ago it was cool as hell. Super retro look just after the new Stang came and shook up things. Now I'm feel like Ford finds a way to disappoint. The new ranger is a dusted of Ausi platform with the nothing to really offer the midsize truck. They're trying to use the F150 formula and I don't see the working here. Seeing the spy shots of the miles and the camo rigs they have I don't see any retro look to them. Also know that Ford will be looking to cater to the yuppie generation and it will have independent front and no manual. From the looks of the shots I've seen it looks like a bobbed f150 and they will want to market it as a Wrangler competitor.

I bought a gladiator because it's the only truck in it's class with manual and stick axles, the way God intended.

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
When I first seen the new bronco concept back 10-12 years ago it was cool as hell. Super retro look just after the new Stang came and shook up things. Now I'm feel like Ford finds a way to disappoint. The new ranger is a dusted of Ausi platform with the nothing to really offer the midsize truck. They're trying to use the F150 formula and I don't see the working here. Seeing the spy shots of the miles and the camo rigs they have I don't see any retro look to them. Also know that Ford will be looking to cater to the yuppie generation and it will have independent front and no manual. From the looks of the shots I've seen it looks like a bobbed f150 and they will want to market it as a Wrangler competitor.

I bought a gladiator because it's the only truck with a manual and stick axles the way God intended.
They're working on the next Ranger which will be on the same platform as the Bronco.

None of the camo'd Broncos have used the actual Bronco sheetmetal yet. The only thing we have to go on as far as the retro looks are the teaser silhouette and dealer chatter.

It's expected to have a manual. It'll probably have IFS though, yeah.

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
The differentials are supposed to be the same as the Wrangler, and I mostly expect it to have a solid rear axle, but we should expect IFS. The later Bronco’s built a reputation with their TTB front axles as high-speed desert pre-runners...and the Raptor has built on that. If the customer base wants to jump dunes and run washboard roads at 60mph instead of crawling the Rubicon or desert canyons, then it makes sense for Ford to build to that standard.
Sponsored