First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
F45DDE7E-F15D-4BE1-A5DE-7B1059AC3C76.jpeg
So funny... The negative comments I see in Facebook Gladiator groups or posts from friends that like Gladiators are the exact same... Ugly truck... FCA is garbage... Brand loyalty and personal style are so varied... I just find it amusing
Yes...amusing...and this sure doesn’t look like the pictures you have but good luck trolling the forums...

Charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee WK CRD
What's the big deal about carrying plywood? This is mentioned quite a bit. Are there really that many contractors on this site? If you need to haul lumber, just rent a trailer for $20 at uhaul.
Ask @Jake

Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Hey I just scratched my head and wondered if it would fit in the bed resting on the gas pipe buldge. Everyone else here took the ball and ran with it. Run Forest run. That’s my best story so I’m gonna have to stick to it.

pilotpat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ7 & 2020 Bright White Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator :)
What's the big deal about carrying plywood? This is mentioned quite a bit. Are there really that many contractors on this site? If you need to haul lumber, just rent a trailer for $20 at uhaul.
Oh grasshopper you shall read more plywood posts to understand...... then it will be all clear to you.... or you can ask the King @steffen707

Plywood Plywood Plywood!!!

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
F45DDE7E-F15D-4BE1-A5DE-7B1059AC3C76.jpeg
Yes...amusing...and this sure doesn’t look like the pictures you have but good luck trolling the forums...

Not directing this at any one person, but just so everybody is clear...you do know that automakers use "mules" to test powertrains, right? And lots of times the mules look nothing at all like the production vehicle, right? Clearly this photo is just a Ranger with the body chopped down to fit the frame and powertrain they are doing test calibration on.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Not directing this at any one person, but just so everybody is clear...you do know that automakers use "mules" to test powertrains, right? And lots of times the mules look nothing at all like the production vehicle, right? Clearly this photo is just a Ranger with the body chopped down to fit the frame and powertrain they are doing test calibration on.
Yes sir.

Ranger with a 2 foot bed....LOL

Sponsored

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

IceAge

First Name
Garey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL 2018
I am for the Gladiator for the time being and I am a Ford, Chevy, Ram, Toyota, Jaguar and Land Rover...etc owner of vehicles. And for me I came to closure yesterday to get the Gladiator after driving her for a second time. I traded my prized possession a 2018 Toyota TRD Pro Calvary Blue. And I made my decision based on I feel the Gladiator will retain its value better than most cars, trucks and suvs. If you buy the right vehicle you will not take a huge loss. And my 4Runner was a 48k vehicle and got 42k trade. I just recently as well traded my Ford Raptor truck which I paid 70k and got 60k for her. Summing it up I feel strongly you can drive your Gladiator and if you take care of her and not high mileage she will be valuable to sell or trade 2-3 years from now. So OP enjoy the Gladiator for 2-3 years and by that tone the Bronco will be in the market and if it’s truly more appealing then trade your Gladiator in and or sell her. I think the used market for Gladiators will not be very big over the next 2-3 years. Just like Ford Raptors and Toyota TRD Pro Trucks and 4Runners. Many Toyota dealers take TRD pros back in and retail them close to their original MSRP.
And here’s my new Firecracker Red Rubicon Gladiator.
F594ECCE-101C-4485-B040-F8B6071E3766.jpeg

4A9B89EB-9402-4266-BAC0-72AC675233F7.jpeg

F0A36D61-8E3C-44B0-A141-59A7AAAFB42F.jpeg

Last edited:

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Lumber is most often used when talking about dimensional solid pieces of Pinus palustris, or commonly referenced as a broadleaf pine.

PLYWOOD, however, is an amalgamation of multiple veneers of wood oriented perpendicular to each other for strength with industrial glue.

You suggest we just throw these treasure sheets of building prowess into some rent-a-trailer? The JT has been specifically designed to haul plywood, the reason why it's Plywood rated.
74338A37-A100-489F-8724-C51FF211CFA1.jpeg

Bro, don't you plywood?

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lumber is most often used when talking about dimensional solid pieces of Pinus palustris, or commonly referenced as a broadleaf pine.

PLYWOOD, however, is an amalgamation of multiple veneers of wood oriented perpendicular to each other for strength with industrial glue.

You suggest we just throw these treasure sheets of building prowess into some rent-a-trailer? The JT has been specifically designed to haul plywood, the reason why it's Plywood rated.
74338A37-A100-489F-8724-C51FF211CFA1.jpeg

Bro, don't you plywood?
All hail king plywood

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Ugly truck
I don't know what people are smoking. I honestly think it's the best looking truck on the market. When I think of badass get work done, I immediately think military vehicle like the Warthog.

What looks the closest? Gladiator. Oh and BTW, I did not serve in the military so I'm unbiased to the military aspect of my opinion.
Sponsored