Waiting on the Bronco

Cjsmith

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
As unpopular as this statement will be...Jeep missed the mark with the Gladiator. I've done the deep dive in research, went through the vehicle with a Jeep tech and test drove thoroughly. The steering is loose, it is underpowered and now we r hearing the towing figures are overstated. lacks safety features that should be standard in a car designed for 2020, two small dash level airbags? And for $60k!?

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
As unpopular as this statement will be...Jeep missed the mark with the Gladiator. I've done the deep dive in research, went through the vehicle with a Jeep tech and test drove thoroughly. The steering is loose, it is underpowered and now we r hearing the towing figures are overstated. lacks safety features that should be standard in a car designed for 2020, two small dash level airbags? And for $60k!?
Where are you hearing it's overrated for towing? Adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning and auto braking is lacking?

Choj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon
Where are you hearing it's overrated for towing? Adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning and auto braking is lacking?
You just listed safety features he said should be standard, which they aren't with the Gladiator. I personally won't be adding them anyway.

Sponsored

Swatstar10

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK
Jeep really swung for the fence with the assigned MSRP of this truck. The JL is priced too high also for what kind of vehicle it is. The JKU was an extremely popular seller, but you rarely see JLUs on the road after two years on the market. One would have to attribute this to the price increase.

IceAge

First Name
Garey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL 2018
Nay sayers show me the other manufactures with a convertible Truck and SUV? The Jeep brand is a niche product and Jeep is going after the upper income market as well as the mid income market. It’s pretty simple math get a base Jeep and it’s a great price. Get all the bells and whistles and for most people they cannot a afford this vehicle. This is no different than buying a Z06 Corvette, ZL1 Camaro, Dodge Hellcat, Ford Raptor and the list goes on. And if your true Jeep owner than you appreciate the advance in product and technology. Go drive a 1980 Jeep and or the 90s Jeep and the last JK model. Hmmm your eyes may start open that the new JL and JT are actually a hell of an improvement. And the easy answer for me when I go look at a vehicle I get excited and or not so much and move on. I could go thru a list of cars, SUVs and trucks I would never own and that’s my personal opinion that would offend others. So summing it up either become a Jeep family forum member and or move on.

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You just listed safety features he said should be standard, which they aren't with the Gladiator. I personally won't be adding them anyway.
He said for $60k - they're all on there for $60k along with everything else you can possibly get.

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nay sayers show me the other manufactures with a convertible Truck and SUV? The Jeep brand is a niche product and Jeep is going after the upper income market as well as the mid income market. It’s pretty simple math get a base Jeep and it’s a great price. Get all the bells and whistles and for most people they cannot a afford this vehicle. This is no different than buying a Z06 Corvette, ZL1 Camaro, Dodge Hellcat, Ford Raptor and the list goes on. And if your true Jeep owner than you appreciate the advance in product and technology. Go drive a 1980 Jeep and or the 90s Jeep and the last JK model. Hmmm your eyes may start open that the new JL and JT are actually a hell of an improvement. And the easy answer for me when I go look at a vehicle I get excited and or not so much and move on. I could go thru a list of cars, SUVs and trucks I would never own and that’s my personal opinion that would offend others. So summing it up either become a Jeep family forum member and or move on.
Disagree it's niche, the JT starts at $33k. That's not expensive for a new vehicle and costs $2k less than a bare bones ram tradesman 4x4, which is about as cheap as full sized trucks get.

Yeah, a loaded out Rubicon is $60k, but that's not exactly required or comparable to a bare bones full size.

Sponsored

megamucho

First Name
mega
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Durango R/T, '18 BMW R1200GS
Jeep really swung for the fence with the assigned MSRP of this truck. The JL is priced too high also for what kind of vehicle it is. The JKU was an extremely popular seller, but you rarely see JLUs on the road after two years on the market. One would have to attribute this to the price increase.
Perhaps true in FL... come to CO and JL's are all over the place, even with most local dealers holding the line on pricing above invoice.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
why did you buy one then?

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
I don't know what part of Florida you are from but where I'm from I see JLUs all over the place. Of course no where near the number of JKUs but you have to remember the JKs came out in 2007.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
LOL, trolls.

What are you guys doing on a Gladiator forum after your "deep dive" discovery that the Gladiator does not suit your needs.

Ford, the Coyote engine has been plagued with problems the last several years.
The EB motors have massive valve chain/train/ cam phaser issues
The EB motors routinely require turbo replacement at or about 100k $3k
The 6.7 diesels had/have massive fuel system issues related directly to Ford filtration that causes the Bosch CP4 to grenade and take everything down stream of it with it. $7k-$10k
F series trucks, cabs have to come off for all but the most basic repairs. Great under warranty (that runs out in 3yrs/36K so really 2 years tops)
Everything else they make is a Taurus pan with a different body cribbed onto it
Big three built retro, FCA absolutely did the best job of it and sells a ton of Challengers because of it, Mustang never did capture the retro aspect and immediately went the opposite direction, un-retroing shit as fast as they could.

New Bronco? I'll check back in 2023 or 2024 when/if they actually produce one, until then NO. That said I have the fullest confidence that not only will it be more expensive than the JT, Ford will manage to snatch failure from the jaws of success and fuck up the Bronco.

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
I can't wait to see the new Bronco. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Judging by the silhouette, they got the retro look right. And removable top and doors always piques my interest.
Sponsored