Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR, 6-speed
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
... turbo oiling problem.
Yep, removed the turbo oil feed line banjo bolt filter on mine before it had a chance to clog. I also religiously changed oil/filter. Not a single turbo issue in 135k.
Sponsored

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
But as I said in my previous post: The Gladiator is like a tank surrounded by bumpers and fenders as the Bronco “pickup concept” is a chubby protruding body panels toy. The new Bronco launched this month is something between Wrangler and modern Renegade, no? Almost off-road capable as the Wrangler, but stuck in a hard to customize frame set as the Renegade...
I don't see the renegade thing...

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
2024 is a long time away. Who knows what JT changes will occur by then.

5chema

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Canada Launch Edition (1of419)
Vehicle Showcase

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Ok! I think it’s becoming confusing with only the Bronco name for all the SUV, off-road and pickup models!
There's only 1 model....an SUV....the Bronco. And it has several sub-models like the Jeeps do. We don't have a Bronco truck model name yet so Bronco truck works for me.

And nobody cares about the Bronco Sport...thats over on the high school girls web pages. :D

Sponsored

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
Listen everyone! The Bronco and their future Bronco truck should have all of the bells and whistles. It's new! That's kinda how it works. They've had the time to sit back and see what everyone else has and try and do better. Give it time! About 2024, there will be a topless and doorless 4runner, and then a few years later a new pathfinder, and then about 8-10 years from now, an all new Blazer. Like Cellphones.

The new Bronco looks cool riding across the desert, but they will never compare to the Jeep brand. Jeep has too much experience offroading, too many interchangeable modifications, and a huge aftermarket.

The Jeep brand is the only brand where their entire lineup is trail rated. That means there is a lot of history experience working on and developing off road vehicles. Not just the Wrangler, but the entire lineup. From day 1! Think about that!

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Listen everyone! The Bronco and their future Bronco truck should have all of the bells and whistles. It's new! That's kinda how it works. They've had the time to sit back and see what everyone else has and try and do better. Give it time! About 2024, there will be a topless and doorless 4runner, and then a few years later a new pathfinder, and then about 8-10 years from now, an all new Blazer. Like Cellphones.

The new Bronco looks cool riding across the desert, but they will never compare to the Jeep brand. Jeep has too much experience offroading, too many interchangeable modifications, and a huge aftermarket.

The Jeep brand is the only brand where their entire lineup is trail rated. That means there is a lot of history experience working on and developing off road vehicles. Not just the Wrangler, but the entire lineup. From day 1! Think about that!
Not hard to catch up to a Jeep tho. Its just axles and clearance. The rest the aftermarket will handle. Ford made the conscience decision to not chase the front solid axle group, which is a very small group.

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
Not hard to catch up to a Jeep tho. Its just axles and clearance. The rest the aftermarket will handle. Ford made the conscience decision to not chase the front solid axle group, which is a very small group.
You're right! Not hard to catch up. But, Jeep is always moving and ever changing on their vehicles. The aftermarket for Ford will have to be built on something new. The aftermarket for Jeeps only have to be built on a basic platform that they've used for years with just model differences to have to adjust to. Makes it a lot easier for Jeep and the aftermarket to compensate. I mean..... For even mods like front bumpers, we can use a bumper designed for a JKU.

But..... Things will be different when Toyota, Nissan, and Chevy change up their game. IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN! Lol

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
You're right! Not hard to catch up. But, Jeep is always moving and ever changing on their vehicles. The aftermarket for Ford will have to be built on something new. The aftermarket for Jeeps only have to be built on a basic platform that they've used for years with just model differences to have to adjust to. Makes it a lot easier for Jeep and the aftermarket to compensate. I mean..... For even mods like front bumpers, we can use a bumper designed for a JKU.

But..... Things will be different when Toyota, Nissan, and Chevy change up their game. IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN! Lol
There's not A LOT of changes from JK to JL tho. The JL is really just a well refined JK. In other words Jeep hasn't made leaps and bounds in a while.

Aftermarket? Yeah that'll take time...but as long as the Bronco stays around (they'll get my next buy when I was previously planning on another Wrangler) then that market will definitely come.

I love both my Jeeps...and I'll never sell them. But lets be real....the platform is very simple, somewhat flawed and made by a company dead set on making the check engine light part of everyday life. Thats not a very high bar. Ford already tapped into the most important things...lockers, 35s stock, approach/departure/breakover, E-disconnects (in this case hydraulic too), modular convertible top, metal bumpers and some goodies electronically speaking. Thats basically the best of a Wrangler in a nutshell.

*Nissan is, and always will be, a total joke. I'll never believe they can compete on any level with anything.

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
There's not A LOT of changes from JK to JL tho. The JL is really just a well refined JK. In other words Jeep hasn't made leaps and bounds in a while.

Aftermarket? Yeah that'll take time...but as long as the Bronco stays around (they'll get my next buy when I was previously planning on another Wrangler) then that market will definitely come.

I love both my Jeeps...and I'll never sell them. But lets be real....the platform is very simple, somewhat flawed and made by a company dead set on making the check engine light part of everyday life. Thats not a very high bar. Ford already tapped into the most important things...lockers, 35s stock, approach/departure/breakover, E-disconnects (in this case hydraulic too), modular convertible top, metal bumpers and some goodies electronically speaking. Thats basically the best of a Wrangler in a nutshell.

*Nissan is, and always will be, a total joke. I'll never believe they can compete on any level with anything.
Sometimes, If it ain't broke, don't fix it works. Latest and greatest is awesome, looks cool, and sounds cool! But if the current works for what you do, no need to bother.

Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Nissan in ROW applications do well with the Patrol. Don't let the Armada and XTerra blind you.

Ford looked at wrangler and stepped back mumbling about whats the easiest things to beat. Then in typical Ford fashion, they beat it. Yes 33's are nice but 35's ARE nicer. Steel bumpers are rough and tough but Jeep for sure went with the little tykes because they are lighter. Wrangler is a pig, a big heavy dense pig. IRS is lighter, more aluminium is lighter. Smaller engines are lighter. There is a trend here.

We can only hope that the next generation of wrangler and gladiator get lighter in construction. I dont see costs coming down butnit would be nice to get more ROI and value for money in the bargin and the only way that works is the base vehicles get lighter which leave more room for heavy options like cooled seats and aluminum v8's.

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Sometimes, If it ain't broke, don't fix it works. Latest and greatest is awesome, looks cool, and sounds cool! But if the current works for what you do, no need to bother.
Well true...but that really isn't the case with the auto world...its every evolving...mid-trucks, EV, better electronics....

But I agree...clearly Ford agreed with you. They took what Jeep had already done and refined it to Fords styling.

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Nissan in ROW applications do well with the Patrol. Don't let the Armada and XTerra blind you.
Can the the boring AF GTR blind me? How about the HORRID Frontier and the terribly ugly Titan that looks like an F150s retarded brother?

Before I knew why their CEO was arrested I assumed it was because of his entire lineup.

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
Well true...but that really isn't the case with the auto world...its every evolving...mid-trucks, EV, better electronics....

But I agree...clearly Ford agreed with you. They took what Jeep had already done and refined it to Fords styling.
Hey, that's business brother. Seems like it works that way with everything. When Samsung upgrades their phones, give it a few months and see what Iphone does. Hahaha

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
I hesitated on my Gladiator wanting to look at the Bronco, I had a 74 back in the day. When the dealer told me only 4 cylinder that helped me go ahead with my Gladiator.
Sponsored