Video of new Ford Bronco

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
It's not going to look like that at all.

Thanks for posting that. I am disappointed with the styling. It looks like a ford extended cab pickup truck with the bed cutoff and a top put on the cutoff bed...
That's exactly what it is. AKA not a Bronco. Unless it leaks early, we won't know exactly what it looks like until Spring.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
It's not going to look like that at all.

That's exactly what it is. AKA not a Bronco. Unless it leaks early, we won't know exactly what it looks like until Spring.
I'm pretty sure that TFL video is o-fishul Ford propaganda, so yeah you have a pretty good idea.

That chopped up Ranger is a drive line mule

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
If that is even close it is one fugly mofo.

Sponsored

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR

So, from that we can reasonably gather, it is possessing of the following "attributes" that negate the long anticipated Wrangler slayer:

IFS, LOL Ford, if you want to make a vehicle to compete with a Wrangler, it's going to have to have a solid front axle. Otherwise it has failed the articulation competition before it ever even got entered.

4 doors of failure. The Jeep Ludittes shun the 4 door Wrangler and sneer openly at the Gladiator with it's 4 doors and compromised break over angle. You think people will abandon their iconic vehicle platform for a 4 door Flex with tires that look like they got polio and shriveled up?

I'm not sure where Ford designers are but it is safe to say that they have recreational weed in that state, and when they Googled Wrangler, the search returned a picture of a Grand Cherokee because that is as high up the Jeep hierarchy as they will possibly challenge with that shit there.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Badass picture, Dave!

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
Is the Bronco even a truck? Or just an SUV?

Sponsored

Capt. B

First Name
Captain B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Galdiator, 2002 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Gobi Edition
Looks like a '90s Dodge Durango.

download.jpeg

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
So, from that we can reasonably gather, it is possessing of the following "attributes" that negate the long anticipated Wrangler slayer:

IFS, LOL Ford, if you want to make a vehicle to compete with a Wrangler, it's going to have to have a solid front axle. Otherwise it has failed the articulation competition before it ever even got entered.

4 doors of failure. The Jeep Ludittes shun the 4 door Wrangler and sneer openly at the Gladiator with it's 4 doors and compromised break over angle. You think people will abandon their iconic vehicle platform for a 4 door Flex with tires that look like they got polio and shriveled up?

I'm not sure where Ford designers are but it is safe to say that they have recreational weed in that state, and when they Googled Wrangler, the search returned a picture of a Grand Cherokee because that is as high up the Jeep hierarchy as they will possibly challenge with that shit there.
It's definitely IFS which is unfortunate. But they don't necessarily need the hardcore Jeep crowd, just those that want to look that way (which is most tbh),

And there'll be both 2 and 4-door versions. The design is is supposedly retro. Think '60s not OJ.

In any case, more competition for Jeep is good. More 4x4s that you can take the doors and roof off are good.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
It's definitely IFS which is unfortunate. But they don't necessarily need the hardcore Jeep crowd, just those that want to look that way (which is most tbh),

And there'll be both 2 and 4-door versions. The design is is supposedly retro. Think '60s not OJ.

In any case, more competition for Jeep is good. More 4x4s that you can take the doors and roof off are good.
They will need to be easily and cheaply customized to satisfy that crowd, and IFS doesn't lend itself well to that market. If you are referring to Nancy, she isn't going to be happy 265/70R17 when Sheilas got 40's.

They absolutely missed the boat with IFS, I'm sure they will sell some, I doubt it is a success

I somewhat doubt sincerely there will be a 2 door, but maybe so and 2 doors really only appeal to those inclined to use them off road where they shine. Tooling up to build a 2 door is going to be expensive for a minuscule piece of the market.

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
There's some new pics of a camo'd test mule and I'm not sure what to think.

bronco-002-1579028811.jpg

Plus the one they raced in the Baja 1000 for those who missed it.

ford-bronco-r-baja-2020-2.jpg

So at least there's an idea of what it'll look like.

They will need to be easily and cheaply customized to satisfy that crowd, and IFS doesn't lend itself well to that market. If you are referring to Nancy, she isn't going to be happy 265/70R17 when Sheilas got 40's.

They absolutely missed the boat with IFS, I'm sure they will sell some, I doubt it is a success
Oh I think it'll be huge. There's a lot of excitement around it now but it could go either way once it's actually revealed. In the grand scheme of things solid front axles only matter to a niche group. IIRC anything smaller than a Super Duty is IFS (excluding Wranglers/Gladiators of course).
I somewhat doubt sincerely there will be a 2 door, but maybe so and 2 doors really only appeal to those inclined to use them off road where they shine. Tooling up to build a 2 door is going to be expensive for a minuscule piece of the market.
FWIW they showed a 2-door to dealers early last year but who knows if it'll actually go into production.