Sponsored

Len

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Pretty cool, looks just like another truck on the market right now. The Gladiator! Nice job Ford on taking jeeps styling.
Sponsored

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
I was reading up on this last night and they are also looking to be a raptor variant into the line up.

So there are 7 trims plus the sasquatch package now plus a truck plus a raptor child.

Typical Ford model proliferation bullshit. Because remember there is also the Bronco Sport.

Thankfully Jeep keeps it basic with a stripper model, a comfy model and a trail rat model.
How is this even remotely accurate?? The wrangler comes in a 2 door and 4 door, 3 different engines and according to the jeep website 13 different trim levels just in the 4dr wrangler. That is worse than the Bronco! The gladiator (first year release don't forgot) is also at 7 trim levels and now and has 2 engine offerings. Since you're including the rumored raptor bronco one could argue the gladiator and wrangler will BOTH get the 6.4 V8 in 2021-2022.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Y’all see this front comparison? It’s not going to be the rock crawler the Wrangler Is due to the lack of ability to install a stubby-type front bumper.

5D3B615E-3450-4B14-9F44-12A31B7449B9.jpeg
It kind of looks like the Ford Flex

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
So it seems this orgy of hate may all be for nothing.

Ford has (sorta) announced the Maverick based on the Bronco Sport. A Bronco based trucklet has also been (sorta) denied as a viable project.

So yeah, who knows. I can't see Ford making two small trucks at the same time. FWIW I can't see a Bronco Crew Cab layout straying too far from the Gladiator formula just based on packaging constraints and the reality that tiny beds suck (H2 SUT I'm looking right at you). It would have to get longer to fit a bed of any real use. So these renders showing seriously goofy beds and wheel wells are just goofy renders.

GLADY8R

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
USPS Maintenance Electronic Technician

Sponsored

GrubbyBaja

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR, 6-speed
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
... This truck just feels like a rebirth of the Explorer Spor Trac, an idea that sounded cool but ends up being about as badass as a Subaru Baja (Sean Im sorry but even you get it).
As a former Baja turbo 5mt owner for 13 years, that comment would have hurt my feelings...if I had some :). I liked my Baja but it was very limited for modding for practical off-road use. Luvin my JTR! The only thing I miss about my Baja is the ability to cruise down the interstate and not have to downshift to get up a hill (6-speed JTR). Then again, my Baja was turning over 3,200 rpm at 70 which would equate to cruising the JTR in 4th which then would easily handle interstate hills (in Alabama).

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
How is this even remotely accurate?? The wrangler comes in a 2 door and 4 door, 3 different engines and according to the jeep website 13 different trim levels just in the 4dr wrangler. That is worse than the Bronco! The gladiator (first year release don't forgot) is also at 7 trim levels and now and has 2 engine offerings. Since you're including the rumored raptor bronco one could argue the gladiator and wrangler will BOTH get the 6.4 V8 in 2021-2022.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022-ford-bronco-raptor-everything-we-know/

https://www.autoweek.com/news/trucks/g33310442/ford-bronco-six-trim-levels/

https://www.motortrend.com/news/exclusive-ford-bronco-pickup-coming-battle-jeep-gladiator/

https://www.thedrive.com/news/35092...nt-at-short-unibody-2-0l-four-cylinder-engine

So while Jeep has been showing V8's in the JK & JL for years, admitted that they slip right in, admitted that the driveline can take it and goosed Ford with the JL 392, Jeep has also said that the V8 fails crash safety. So... while we all want a 392 6 speed beast-mobile, I'll get excited once it's real, much like the turbo-diesel we've been hearing is coming... soon.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
As a former Baja turbo 5mt owner for 13 years, that comment would have hurt my feelings...if I had some :).
A very old friend has one and has had one for years and limped it through all sorts of weird things like the turbo oiling problem. But, he and I agree that the bed is just a wee small and curved and koi pond like to be a "bed" but the overall concept of Brat Mk.II is commendable.

Lifted knobby subbies sure do beat stanced wanna be rally cars that wouldn't last a mile on a special stage.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022-ford-bronco-raptor-everything-we-know/

https://www.autoweek.com/news/trucks/g33310442/ford-bronco-six-trim-levels/

https://www.motortrend.com/news/exclusive-ford-bronco-pickup-coming-battle-jeep-gladiator/

https://www.thedrive.com/news/35092...nt-at-short-unibody-2-0l-four-cylinder-engine

So while Jeep has been showing V8's in the JK & JL for years, admitted that they slip right in, admitted that the driveline can take it and goosed Ford with the JL 392, Jeep has also said that the V8 fails crash safety. So... while we all want a 392 6 speed beast-mobile, I'll get excited once it's real, much like the turbo-diesel we've been hearing is coming... soon.
No sure what any of this has to do with what you commented and I replied with. You bashed ford for the amount of trims they have, I merely pointed out that Jeep has more. You said that a Raptor is coming, I didn't disagree. It sounds like you're turning the argument to doubting the real life option of a future V8 because they have teased it for years... well we all know jeep teases a lot of vehicles. Just look at their yearly easter safari concepts! We know the V8 is coming as we've now seen a test production running around. Also worth point out that I don't think this is a "rush" to market item as there have been Hercules rumors for quite some time now. IMO, I have no doubt that the ford entries will help push that to life. Because like you said, we all know it fits in there without having to do a major re-work.

As to the comments about Jeep admitting the V8 fails crash tests, what does that prove/disprove other than the obvious? That statement doesn't even begin to cover ways they could potentially mitigate that and improve the crash rating which I would suspect jeep would do if they were going to make this a real thing. Don't forget, the wranglers and gladiators already suck at crash tests because they built them around the previous iteration of safety standards instead of the incoming safety standards. So while they may fair well on the old standards, they do not anyways with current standards. Which let's be honest, you're screwed anyways in most of the crash scenarios and accept that risk as a jeep owner.

Edit: Since posting links makes things legit apparently....

https://www.tflcar.com/2018/12/wrangler-jl-euro-ncap-tests/
https://www.motortrend.com/news/jeep-wrangler-jl-iihs-testing-rollover-video/

akguy47

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Oilfield
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

5chema

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Canada Launch Edition (1of419)
Vehicle Showcase
Y’all see this front comparison? It’s not going to be the rock crawler the Wrangler Is due to the lack of ability to install a stubby-type front bumper.

Jeep Gladiator Jalopnik: New Ford Bronco Crew-Cab Pickup Being Fast-Tracked To Take On The Jeep Gladiator: Report 20191128_124119
Also, unlike most of the modern pickup trucks, the Jeep hood is not what you are seeing all over the front view.

And the Jeep Wrangler & Gladiator are not that beefy with all those Bronco protruding and exposed body panels... The Jeep’s door line is guarded inside the large fenders... The bumpers are really protecting the front and the tailgate...

You can have fun with a Jeep but it’s a tank and not a toy! And that’s also the opinion of my brother’s RAM 1500 “nose” who met a Jeep rear bumper and hooks last week!

5chema

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Canada Launch Edition (1of419)
Vehicle Showcase
Looks just like mine

Jeep Gladiator Jalopnik: New Ford Bronco Crew-Cab Pickup Being Fast-Tracked To Take On The Jeep Gladiator: Report 20191128_124119
They only things they have in common...red, truck, 4dr and convertible.
Also: black fenders, black roof, black wheels, in the snow. They look similar to me.
But as I said in my previous post: The Gladiator is like a tank surrounded by bumpers and fenders as the Bronco “pickup concept” is a chubby protruding body panels toy. The new Bronco launched this month is something between Wrangler and modern Renegade, no? Almost off-road capable as the Wrangler, but stuck in a hard to customize frame set as the Renegade...

remlemasi

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
But as I said in my previous post: The Gladiator is like a tank surrounded by bumpers and fenders as the Bronco “pickup concept” is a chubby protruding body panels toy. The new Bronco launched this month is something between Wrangler and modern Renegade, no? Almost off-road capable as the Wrangler, but stuck in a hard to customize frame set as the Renegade...
Renegade? No. In between a Raptor and a Wrangler? Yes.
Sponsored