First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently Driving: Sport S Max Tow Gladiator in Sting-Gray
Occupation
Management in a retail setting
The proportions are way off to me. I prefer the looks of the Jeep vs that rendering.
That said the competition is going to be good for the consumers. Hopefully It gives Jeep more reason to innovate the Gladiator and offer more options (Come On! 5.7V8)

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
The proportions are way off to me. I prefer the looks of the Jeep vs that rendering.
That said the competition is going to be good for the consumers. Hopefully It gives Jeep more reason to innovate the Gladiator and offer more options (Come On! 5.7V8)
thats a lot of wheel under the passenger door

Sponsored

remlemasi

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I agree. I am madly in love with the 2-door Bronco. 4-door is just OK, prefer the JLU. However, that rendering of the Bronco crew cab is no bueno. JT is significantly prettier, and that’s saying a lot as JT proportions can becomes a bit funny from certain angles...

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
That's a render from one of the Jalopnik writers, not an actual vehicle

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
I was reading up on this last night and they are also looking to be a raptor variant into the line up.

So there are 7 trims plus the sasquatch package now plus a truck plus a raptor child.

Typical Ford model proliferation bullshit. Because remember there is also the Bronco Sport.

Thankfully Jeep keeps it basic with a stripper model, a comfy model and a trail rat model.

As for this, my wife exclaimed that all they did was put knobby tires and a fancy nose on a flex. So just let that marinate a bit. This truck just feels like a rebirth of the Explorer Spor Trac, an idea that sounded cool but ends up being about as badass as a Subaru Baja (Sean Im sorry but even you get it).

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
I was reading up on this last night and they are also looking to be a raptor variant into the line up.

So there are 7 trims plus the sasquatch package now plus a truck plus a raptor child.

Typical Ford model proliferation bullshit. Because remember there is also the Bronco Sport.

Thankfully Jeep keeps it basic with a stripper model, a comfy model and a trail rat model.

As for this, my wife exclaimed that all they did was put knobby tires and a fancy nose on a flex. So just let that marinate a bit. This truck just feels like a rebirth of the Explorer Spor Trac, an idea that sounded cool but ends up being about as badass as a Subaru Baja (Sean Im sorry but even you get it).
They are also planning a small truck based on the bronco sport (smaller than the ranger and crew cab bronco truck). So +1 on top of the rest

Sponsored

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Hope so, cause that thing is ugly.
I know it's true, I'm a pretty prolific Jalopnik reader and commentariat member. Torch does all kinds of these things

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
They are also planning a small truck based on the bronco sport (smaller than the ranger and crew cab bronco truck). So +1 on top of the rest
Da'fuq?

I get it with vehicles like unimog where the list of SA codes rivals the OED because its a universal machine that needs the ability to be configurable but come on ford, way to piss off every parts guy everywhere.

So 7 base trims in 2 or 4 becomes 14 plus squatch makes 28 plus another 14 for truck with or without squatch plus raptato makes 33 plus however many bronco sport and bronco sport trac... thats a whole dealership lineup right there.

Pop quiz. Who remembers the last time ford did this... ding ding ding: Edsel! This better work or they are gonna eat a huge amount of inventory.

I was working for MBUSA when they went through a deproliferation program and you would not believe what it did for sales. This many broncos is like offering you 3yo too many food items on one plate, they become overwhelmed and then dont eat anything because its all just too much man. ::insane sandy squirrel picture here:: Our sales process became easier because MB went back to the one sausage 3 lengths model with some leeway for amg and designo but the smorgasbord of variation went away. Sport comes with this, 4matic with this, big motor/little motor, what color you want. DONE!

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Da'fuq?

I get it with vehicles like unimog where the list of SA codes rivals the OED because its a universal machine that needs the ability to be configurable but come on ford, way to piss off every parts guy everywhere.

So 7 base trims in 2 or 4 becomes 14 plus squatch makes 28 plus another 14 for truck with or without squatch plus raptato makes 33 plus however many bronco sport and bronco sport trac... thats a whole dealership lineup right there.

Pop quiz. Who remembers the last time ford did this... ding ding ding: Edsel! This better work or they are gonna eat a huge amount of inventory.

I was working for MBUSA when they went through a deproliferation program and you would not believe what it did for sales. This many broncos is like offering you 3yo too many food items on one plate, they become overwhelmed and then dont eat anything because its all just too much man. ::insane sandy squirrel picture here:: Our sales process became easier because MB went back to the one sausage 3 lengths model with some leeway for amg and designo but the smorgasbord of variation went away. Sport comes with this, 4matic with this, big motor/little motor, what color you want. DONE!
They are supposedly spinning off Bronco as a full sub-brand

For now it's a Bronco 2 or 4 door, and bronco sport. The base trims are really just option packages set to different names, and they are planning truck variants of both. It looks like a lot when you lay it all out but lets not pretend that Jeep doesn't do the exact same thing. If I go to build a Wrangler right now there are 13 different starting points, 8 of those are either 2 or 4 door, then another 7 Gladiator starting trims, and each of those has options and extras to tack on.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
They are supposedly spinning off Bronco as a full sub-brand
Like star wars, the management is milking nostalgia for all its worth.

Did anyone else notice in the rendering the front doors are way bigger than the rear, just like on the JT/JL?