Sponsored

Bumper with Bed Protection for Non Rubicon Trucks?

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I think you and I have commented in just about every rear bumper thread and share mostly the same opinion. The Exp 1 bumper was my first choice until JCR came out with theirs. The JCR is expensive but the extra clearance by moving the hitch receiver behind the license plate was noted when I found my hitch on every other obstacle last time out. Taking advantage of their military/responder 10% discount I decided to buy once cry once. As noted on their page the spare tire spot will still be limited to 35" tires, no big deal for me. The nice part is the ability to add a carrier to the bumper at a later date if so desired. I'll post up a review once I get it on my JT.
I think your right. I have a Rubicon steel bumper right now & I am still dragging on everything.. but for now I am just going to deal with it. I have been taking mental notes on what I like & what I dont & I am pretty sure I am going to have to build one to get something I will be happy with. I am instead of including a hitch just going to make sure its solid across the bottom with 3/8" plate & then drill & weld bolts for a bolt on hitch. That way when I go play it will take me about 30 seconds just to remove the damn thing.. Or rather since I play more then I tow I will just store the hitch with the receiver & put it on when needed. I will make sure that I use bolts with a 7/8" head so worst case scenario I can use the lug wrench in the truck. Mostly just need to get my garage cleaned out to give me the room to work & pickup a spare hitch to start the process (so that the mounts are all stock location). Should actually give more room then stock for a spare doing this as well since the hitch wont be in there at all.
Sponsored

GreenZJ

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR....Jeep #10
I have the JCR bumper and everything seems to line up great. The side wings were manufactured wrong, so I had to take them back off. The new ones will be here Monday. The rear swing out arm and tire mount will also be here soon. So far I have zero complaints with my JCR bumper

1283FF6D-7441-4F9A-BEBC-ED8D5C1593F6.jpeg

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
I have the JCR bumper and everything seems to line up great. The side wings were manufactured wrong, so I had to take them back off. The new ones will be here Monday. The rear swing out arm and tire mount will also be here soon. So far I have zero complaints with my JCR bumper

Jeep Gladiator Bumper with Bed Protection for Non Rubicon Trucks? 1283FF6D-7441-4F9A-BEBC-ED8D5C1593F6
good to read!

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Rebel Off-road will be releasing theirs soon!
Jeep Gladiator Bumper with Bed Protection for Non Rubicon Trucks? A2DABCD1-8679-4428-B7D6-7D8DE1CEE1E2
Well atleast its not gaudy like some.. It doesn't look to provide any more clearance then stock though.

Sponsored

JTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Rebel Off-road will be releasing theirs soon!
Jeep Gladiator Bumper with Bed Protection for Non Rubicon Trucks? A2DABCD1-8679-4428-B7D6-7D8DE1CEE1E2

I fished around the Rebel Offroad website and couldn't quite find this specific, pictured bumper yet. I emailed them as well but does anyone have a somewhat informed expectation for cost and release date ?

I can't tell if the unit includes the wraparounds extending all the way to the rear fender well or if that would be a separately purchased L and R piece.

Thanks for any info.

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Really? You're far more forgiving than I unless I received a prototype or a demo for review without cost. When I pay full boat I expect the product to be good to go. My weekends are very valuable to me. To spend one ( or more) wrestling with a product that doest fit as it should or has manufacturing defects, it would definetly cause me to have a complaint. Not saying I couldnt or wouldnt work thru it and may even eventually get over it altogether, but midway thru the experience I doubt I would be giving a 5 star review.

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Just finished installing the Motobilt Crusher last night and am super impressed. Straight forward install, good installation instructions on their site and Northern 4x4 has a great video as well. The optional side mount brackets make this thing ready for anything, but I like that they give you reinforcement brackets for the back frame mount as well. At 3/16” thick, it is made to take real abuse.

I was thinking Rockhard originally, but when I saw the bottom shelf on this, I knew it was the one I wanted.

EADB395E-8BC2-4E35-BB82-AF7B75BE4513.jpeg

AEB570AD-F8E3-44CE-8C1F-9B240A684B86.jpeg

F3C5AD00-CC01-423B-9A77-76D55B4CA2A4.jpeg

1766A9BF-E97A-45E8-9067-378E80659B51.jpeg

A9049B1F-B9EF-4F8C-B207-C03D3DBB5207.jpeg
Sponsored