Sponsored

But will it rub? (325/65 R18 on Black Rhino Abrams)

KidBobot

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator Mojave, 17 Sienna, 92 VW Cabriolet
Hi all... sorry to ask. I did a search, but couldn't find any similar set ups. I plan to order a Mojave, and just trying to outline all the mods I want to eventually do (maybe even pre-emptively buy them before I get take delivery).
At the top of my list are new Wheels (Black Rhino Abrams in 18"), wrapped in 325/65 R18). The offset of the wheels is -18. The tires come out to ~35.4", so a wee larger than regular 35".

Based on will-it-fit, it looks like I have enough backspacing, but I'm concerned about fender rub.
I don't plan on doing a lift beyond the factory 1" lift.

Thoughts from any of the initiated?

THANKS IN ADVANCE for any insights!!!

Jeep Gladiator But will it rub? (325/65 R18 on Black Rhino Abrams) 32565r18
Sponsored

Last edited:

Deleted member 24880

My 20” Abrams with 35s fit on my stock Sport S w/o issues. I did remove the stupid air dams that come on the Sports (do not believe the Mojave has them). Only issue you will have is the regret that you didn’t go with 37s over 35s. I do now have a 2” lift but it had nothing to do with the wheel and tire setup, i just wanted more lift for looks.

OP
OP
KidBobot

KidBobot

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Amazing! Exactly what I wanted/needed to read!!!
Got pics?!

(I saw a few posts about the wheels and tires, but little mention if the set up posed any rubbing issues.)

I wish I could do 37's, but I'm already pushing my luck with the veto-committee... LOL...

Deleted member 24880

This is stock Sport S with no lift. 35x12.5x20 Nitto RG. Not sure if i have a good pic with my 2” lift. Your Mojave is 2” higher stock than my Sport S is from the factory. Rubicon is 1” higher than a Sport and 1” lower than a Mojave. I have a buddy who has a stock Mojave with 35s but i dont know what wheels he has. They are not a -18 offset i know that. You will be all good man!

A1D285AD-278B-4FCE-8111-4021EFAD0EF6.jpeg

OP
OP
KidBobot

KidBobot

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Beautiful. Thanks so much again!