Sponsored

Buying a gladiator in two weeks, still cant decide on the trim package ... Thoughts?

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
In Canada it’s around $10,000 if you want the Overland and Rubicon fully loaded. I keep forgetting about the difference in price between U.S. and Canada.
Really? I just priced out the Overland and Rubicon with the same options I want, and the difference was $3,629 CAD. For that, I'd go with the Rubi.
Sponsored

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
In Canada it’s around $10,000 if you want the Overland and Rubicon fully loaded. I keep forgetting about the difference in price between U.S. and Canada.
So I went to the Jeep.ca site and the difference between an Overland and Rubicon base model is only $3000 (cad). Really only $2800 with the different discounts available. Surely any particular optional equipment you add to either model will be similarly priced - i.e. adding an automatic is the same $1750 for either trim.

Now if you're saying you have more options available to add on to the Rubicon (to make it even more "fully loaded",) well then that becomes a completely meaningless comparison.

Edit- Oops, didn't see Jurfie's post before I replied.

Hoghead

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr. JL....2017 Nissan 4x4 Pro4X.....2020 Jeep Gladiator....2019 Toyota Highlander AWD
Occupation
Owner....Freeman Tire Co. Inc.
If you want to blow an extra $23k get the rubicon. You'll get some generic yet "upgraded" steel wheels and a sweet looking hood. Basically the sport and rubicon are the same jeep, minus the 4.10 gears, which you'll only need if you are towing your aunt flossy's mobile home. So for an extra $23,000 you get to have the prada of car badges "rubicon". After much research I just couldn't justify paying $63k for a loaded tits out rubicon. Paid 41k for an overland and tricked it out and it's a fraction of the price of a rubicon which does not have anything special in the engine department or body mods. WHY people insist on the rubicon and overpaying boggles the mind when 98% of jeep owners don't offroad. Waste of money and an ego circle jerk if u ask me
Overland is by far the best buy......IMO

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
So I went to the Jeep.ca site and the difference between an Overland and Rubicon base model is only $3000 (cad). Really only $2800 with the different discounts available. Surely any particular optional equipment you add to either model will be similarly priced - i.e. adding an automatic is the same $1750 for either trim.

Now if you're saying you have more options available to add on to the Rubicon (to make it even more "fully loaded",) well then that becomes a completely meaningless comparison.

Edit- Oops, didn't see Jurfie's post before I replied.
PlushImpeccableDesertpupfish-small.gif

Hoghead

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr. JL....2017 Nissan 4x4 Pro4X.....2020 Jeep Gladiator....2019 Toyota Highlander AWD
Occupation

Sponsored

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 08 S2000 CR, 08 S2000, 22 392 XR Order
Build Thread
Link
I just looked at the Gupton web site as they are 75 miles from me and off MSRP for a Majave they are giving about 8% off of MSRP.....Not much of a deal
Even in Southern California, which is thought to be a pretty expensive market for cars, you can get 9.5% off MSRP.

Nebulocity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Mojave - Sting Gray
I just looked at the Gupton web site as they are 75 miles from me and off MSRP for a Majave they are giving about 8% off of MSRP.....Not much of a deal
My local dealer quoted me straight up MSRP to factory order. Nope.
I got 13.2% off MSRP from Gupton with exactly every option I wanted and none I didn't. I'm happy.

Did you contact them directly? If you ask for invoice pricing +tread lightly, financing you should get the 8% off INVOICE, not MSRP.

Hoghead

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Even in Southern California, which is thought to be a pretty expensive market for cars, you can get 9.5% off MSRP.
I bought my Gladiator at Sparta, Tn.....MSRP was 55,680 and Gave 6600.00 less.....

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry but that feels like letting us spend your money. When I bought, I was strapped by my checkbook. Bought the perfect JT too. Decide on your own! That way you can't blame anyone else.

Sponsored

Hoghead

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
My local dealer quoted me straight up MSRP to factory order. Nope.
I got 13.2% off MSRP from Gupton with exactly every option I wanted and none I didn't. I'm happy.

Did you contact them directly? If you ask for invoice pricing +tread lightly, financing you should get the 8% off INVOICE, not MSRP.
It came from their Web site and probably isn't the deepest deal....

Hoghead

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Congrats, still a good deal! I used to pass through Sparta all the time - Chattanooga to Smithville, small world.
They did tell me that was Employee pricing and another discount of an amount I cannot remember for buying a 2018
wrangler Sport two door from them....

J-GriffsGlad

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Geologist
If money is truly no object buy a Mojave. They're the prettiest and ride so smooth! I drove every model available and its hands down the best overall IMO.

The sticker on the Mojave I wanted was $60k. Do I have 60k to spend? Sure. Do I hate my money? Fuck no. I bought a sport with max tow for 33k and am currently tricking it out. I'll end up about 38k in and super stoked. Good luck with your choice!

flipmode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland
All, I appreciate so much the help and advice. I picked the Overland up last night. Love that Snazzberry.
Jeep Gladiator Buying a gladiator in two weeks, still cant decide on the trim package ... Thoughts? PlushImpeccableDesertpupfish-small
Thanks!!!!
Hey @rhinomanj , I've ordered a High Altitude trim Overland like this and I wonder if the blinker lights on the painted mirrors work? I haven't been able to find one in my area to go look at and not much is online showing them actually blinking.

Also, excellent color choice, looks really nice!

Thanks!

OP
OP

rhinomanj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Hey @rhinomanj , I've ordered a High Altitude trim Overland like this and I wonder if the blinker lights on the painted mirrors work? I haven't been able to find one in my area to go look at and not much is online showing them actually blinking.

Also, excellent color choice, looks really nice!

Thanks!
So, I just went out, sat in it, turned on the blinker, and only the front and back lights blink. Nothing on my mirrors blinked.
Sponsored