First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Overland Eco Diesel
Occupation
CPA
I am a novice in vehicle audio. Have the premium audio system in my Overland which I picked up 4 weeks ago. Music sounds great. Just took it on a 3 hour road trip and had an audiobook playing. There was a buzzing/vibrating noise coming from my overhead speakers when the narrator spoke. At first it is not very noticeable but over a 3 hour period it becomes almost impossible to listen to the book with the buzz in your ear.

I don't think there is any way I have blown a speaker as I haven't pushed the limits on volume at all. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
Try the audio book in another vehicle. Could be in the recording.

OP
OP

dbmcubs21

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
Try the audio book in another vehicle. Could be in the recording.
I listened in my wife's Grand Cherokee about a month ago (same book) and nothing. It seems to be a vibration or frequency issue as I can put my hand up and push on the speaker and it goes away while I hold it. Don't see anything visibly loose though. I am hoping there is an audio setting I can tweak and not have to take it in to get the speaker replaced.

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
... I can put my hand up and push on the speaker and it goes away while I hold it.
Put a piece of foam between the roll bar and plastic sound bar.
Check out the video for placement:

Sponsored

OP
OP

dbmcubs21

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CPA
Hate to say it, but I haven't gotten around to trying the above mentioned fix and haven't listened to an audio book since. My weekends have been taken over with yard work, Christmas lights, and watching football! Might just wait for warmer weather to attempt this once the top is off and more easily accessible.

HookemNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Overland
I'm battling this very problem. Audible books vibrate the hell out of the soundbar. I've been applying foam to quite a few locations with minimal success so far.
Sponsored