First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
Dad
Recently got into camping again. And since buying a Gladiator, going to be doing a lot more of it!

I’ve always loved being outdoors and never really bought anything special to do it. Was in the U.K. military straight out of school and was happy in a sleeping bag. As long as I was dry.

Fast forward to my 30’s and now have a Wife and 18 month old daughter. Sleeping rough like that won’t cut it. Plus I have aches and pains now.

Went to REI for the first time to look at the stuff they’ve got for sale.

HOLY MOLY!! Who is paying $1300 for a tiny fridge for the car!? I can buy a full size for that and sit it in the bed!? Hiking shirts for $90? Also known as a shirt.
Intelligent sleep system? $200 inflatable sleep mat.

So come on. What’re your camping hacks that won’t break the bank?
Sponsored

Iamstubb

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I stick to the basics. A cooler of beer and canned beans. Tents, sleeping bags, dry goods and a Dutch oven. Although I am tempted to get a bed rack and RTT now that I have seen a few.

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician
So back in the day I too was more then happy in a thin tent or a hammock and now I get stiff just laying on my memory foam bed!
So what do I do ?? I “camp” in my nobo with a full bath and kitchen lol. Wife won’t camp without a shitter and honestly it’s nice to take a shower before bed! Our camper can keep us off grid for a week or more if you shower wise and pee outside lol. I was looking at a rtt but a good one with a hard top is like 3+k and then you have to buy a rack for another grand and then the fridge for like you said what ?? 1200 bucks ? And then your down the path of overland rig so might as well add a batwing and shower tube thing?? Fuck all that noise.. looks cool and all and is functional. But I’ll take the towable tt and pull it where I want.

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician
Oh and it’s a lot easier to get a bj if you washed your balls before putting the kids down ?? 🤣

avensis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler
For me the main thing is tents, sleeping bags, dry goods.
Sponsored

Last edited: