The Brute

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Lol. I’m not sure why I got so much hate for tossing that idea out there. If someone said they wanted to run for President I would think that they were foolish but I would wish them the best of luck.
Hahahaha, I don't know man it's yours do what you want with it. Some folks are getting pretty emotional about the wait, but I'm not that guy
Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
I’ll probably go with an LS or a hemi. The only time I wish I had already swapped the motor is when I’m on the interstate going up a hill and dropping it into 4th at 65 and 3rd at 55 and running it the rest of the way up the hill at 4000 rpms. I’m sure having 200,000 miles on it doesn’t help. I’ve thought about rebuilding this motor but I’ve never completely rebuilt a motor and I don’t have a lot of free time so I’m hesitant.
Agreed! Interesting options. I'm not there yet so I'll follow your build and the others on here with what works. Currently wondering if my 64 Glad body will sit on a mid seventies caddy chasis. :rock:

OP
OP
Schlap

Schlap

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition, 2015 JK, 2006 LJ Rubicon, 97 TJ Brute, 82 Scrambler
Agreed! Interesting options. I'm not there yet so I'll follow your build and the others on here with what works. Currently wondering if my 64 Glad body will sit on a mid seventies caddy chasis. :rock:
Recon the “Hellephant” would fit in a TJ? I’d never heard of it until today. Probably outside of my budget but looks fun!

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
Lol. I’m not sure why I got so much hate for tossing that idea out there. If someone said they wanted to run for President I would think that they were foolish but I would wish them the best of luck.
I know some people have done studies on it but it has something to do with the Interwebs and the social media providing certain shielding for people to be insanely judgmental. Like @bgenlvtex said, it is yours and you can do anything with it - I never had a problem with it and it actually fascinates me when people try to work the system in a capitalist economy and I am intrigued by it ;).

Just chalk it up to every one having a megaphone on social media and you need to drown out the hate... Nice trucks btw I love the old Scrambler more than the Brute, but if I were to get another truck for me it will be a restomod FJ40 :involve:

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I know some people have done studies on it but it has something to do with the Interwebs and the social media providing certain shielding for people to be insanely judgmental. Like @bgenlvtex said, it is yours and you can do anything with it - I never had a problem with it and it actually fascinates me when people try to work the system in a capitalist economy and I am intrigued by it ;).

Just chalk it up to every one having a megaphone on social media and you need to drown out the hate... Nice trucks btw I love the old Scrambler more than the Brute, but if I were to get another truck for me it will be a restomod FJ40 :involve:
The world is full of passive aggressive people who in their normal existence are terrified of controversy, so when they can swing their e-penis around they do so with reckless abandon.

Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
I’ll probably go with an LS or a hemi. The only time I wish I had already swapped the motor is when I’m on the interstate going up a hill and dropping it into 4th at 65 and 3rd at 55 and running it the rest of the way up the hill at 4000 rpms. I’m sure having 200,000 miles on it doesn’t help. I’ve thought about rebuilding this motor but I’ve never completely rebuilt a motor and I don’t have a lot of free time so I’m hesitant.

I had a stroke kit on my TJ. IIRC it was 360hp & 400ft2 of torque. It would melt 37s all day. I believe the place was called Hesco but I sold it over 10 years ago

OP
OP
Schlap

Schlap

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition, 2015 JK, 2006 LJ Rubicon, 97 TJ Brute, 82 Scrambler
I had a stroke kit on my TJ. IIRC it was 360hp & 400ft2 of torque. It would melt 37s all day. I believe the place was called Hesco but I sold it over 10 years ago
I’ve recently been talking to a guy about rebuilding the original 4.0 and adding a stroker kit. Also changing the ring & pinion if necessary to change the gear ratio. We’ll hopefully get to that in a few months.
Then I’m hoping to drop a diesel into the Scrambler and add power steering & power brakes some time shortly thereafter.
the Gladiator is over 37k miles but once I upgrade the Brute, I’ll be able to drive the Gladiator less.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Strangest thing. On my resto I have the chance to do all this engine swap and what do I choose? Dig until I find another original motor as a replacement. Lol. I found out the LS has a computer chip, so that was the end of that. Alxso, just rechecked out your 97 conversion truck. That is looking better and better thru time. Perfect example of a Jeep Truck, maybe so. might just do that one day too. Glad you are still rolling along.