Sponsored

Can anyone help me identify this bumper?

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
Is it still safe to winch from or would you recommend something else?
It's fine, as long as it has a reasonable top plate for the winch built into it. 1/4" or so at least. My point was blocking airflow. It's better to put the winch in-between the frame rails than on top of the bumper for two reasons.
#1 pulling the vehicle between the rails is less stress overall (simplified explanation)
#2 the winch is not blocking the radiator and reducing cooling
Sponsored

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
Recessed winch would sit where your square fog lights are. That is the reason that one is a high mount.
Maybe the lights were a higher priority.... I mean if it came on the Heep why not roll with it haha.

Edit: I know not everyone looks at things the same way or has the same purpose in life. Like I said in the beginning, just my .02. You go with your pointy bumper and have at it man. Not here to judge. ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dryfly24

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Maybe the lights were a higher priority.... I mean if it came on the Heep why not roll with it haha.

Edit: I know not everyone looks at things the same way or has the same purpose in life. Like I said in the beginning, just my .02. You go with your pointy bumper and have at it man. Not here to judge. ;)
Lol,, you sure do seem rather judgey for somebody who doesn’t judge…
Sponsored