Sponsored

Can Aux Switches be set to start open or closed.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know that the Aux switches are just triggers that tell the computer to close a relay. So I was wondering if you could configure the Aux switches to:

1) revert to open
2) revert to closed
3) remember their last setting

when the car is shut off and then restarted? I know this can be programed in some trucks.

Thanks,

Don
Sponsored

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
I have not tested the remember state function, but you can set them to operate with ign on or off, and both of those work

OP
OP
dcmdon

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you guys. This info is much appreciated. I'll be ordering in the next day or so and was trying to figure out if I want this. I think the answer is yes.

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
The aux switch option is almost a no brainer for the price. Chances are, most people are going to use it at some point, and this is one of those things that is a better deal having the factory do it.

Sponsored

Darel

First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Rubi Sarge Green; '08 JK
Occupation
Military
The aux switch option is almost a no brainer for the price. Chances are, most people are going to use it at some point, and this is one of those things that is a better deal having the factory do it.
Especially since if you haven't already gotten it in another package, you get the bigger alternator. too.

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
I know that the Aux switches are just triggers that tell the computer to close a relay. So I was wondering if you could configure the Aux switches to:

1) revert to open
2) revert to closed
3) remember their last setting

when the car is shut off and then restarted? I know this can be programed in some trucks.

Thanks,

Don
My VOSwitches maintain their position as long as the master switch is engaged, whether the engine on or off. I currently have the switch bank operating only when the ignition is on.
Sponsored