First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
As a Gladiator newbie, can any one advise if headliners can be installed the soft top? Appreciate the feedback.
Sponsored

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure I understand the question. The soft top really wouldn’t need a headliner but I suppose you could get a custom one stitched to connect to the same frame. A good upholstery shop would probably do it for you though. I don’t know if anything offered in the aftermarket but maybe someone else does.

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
You can install a spiderwebshade or similar but not hotheadliners....
True. Though not technically a headliner it would give almost an appearance of one and keep the sun from beating down directly on you when the top is back.

OP
OP

Ret0319

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
Thanks all, appreciate the feedback.

Sponsored

maxpower220

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold), 2020 F150 Powerstroke
I've thought about this a little. It seems that you could get a fabric and attach it the to cross beams, the front and rear rails using snaps. Screw snaps into the cross beams and then make flaps in the "headliner" and snap them in place. It would work fine with the top down, but would need something to help it "fold" when retracting the top open.

Seems like a decent upholsterer could do it in a few hours for not a lot of cost.

I understand my vision, but not sure I express it properly. Lastly, I'm not sure if it would do any good for heat/cold.

Whitarmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2014 JKR
Yes you can. However, I have only seen them sold by hot head headliners. Currently I do not see a listing for the gladiator soft top. Only the wrangler soft top

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I thought about this for a while. Something that could clip in in two parts temporarily would be nice. Like just for long trips to keep the noise down and the heat radiating from the roof. It looks like the hotheads product must not have sold well enough. No version for the JL or JT. But it does look a little too permadent.

Clay

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired LEO
I bought a marketed insullation made specifically for the soft top of my 2013 Wrangler Unlimited about 5-6 years ago. The material attaches to the frame and worked great! I don't remember which online Jeep accessories store I bought it from and paid about $100 for it. I looked at Hotheads and their headliner looks like what I had, but it wasn't made by them. The should be coming out with a JT version of it, but it was well worth it when I used my soft top.

Last edited:

Sportsbiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Digital Experience Program Manager

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I'd first ask - what's the goal?
"Headliner" can cover a lot of thoughts - a shade? For sound reduction? Temperature control?

Clay

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired LEO
I made my own, prior to buying one. I used a mattress pad, or topper and cut it down to fit on the frame. I cut slots in it and attached it to the frame with zip ties. It helps if you have access to a sewing machine. You can also dye the material and have whatever color you desire. I think it worked just as well as what you can buy. I bought one, later on, because I didn't feel like messing with dye.

Clay

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired LEO
I'd first ask - what's the goal?
"Headliner" can cover a lot of thoughts - a shade? For sound reduction? Temperature control?
I used it to keep the heat off my head and it did. Sound control....nope! Doesn't work.

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 1989 YJ
Occupation
Jeep Headliners
If anyone is still curious, we are now selling our Soft Top Headliners for the Jeep Gladiator (and JL4) as of recently. Here are a few photos of what they look like in various colors. Our headliners have a lot of the great benefits as our Hard Top Headliners in regards to noise reduction and temperature regulation.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to reach out.

Thanks!
-Mark

Color: Black
glad-black-jpg.jpg

Color: Graphite
glad-graphite-jpg.jpg

Color: Medium Gray
glad-med-grey-jpg.jpg

Color: Oak
glad-oak-jpg.jpg

CrazyIvan

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, BMW R1100RT, Ducati 900SS SP
Occupation
Retired
As a Gladiator newbie, can any one advise if headliners can be installed the soft top? Appreciate the feedback.
I made my own for a TJ out of 1/4" plywood that sat on the roll cage. It was reinforced with 1X1" on the edges which also raised it slightly. Trunk carpeting was glued on the bottom and foam carpet padding on top. It was cheap and helped with both sound and thermal insulation.
Sponsored