First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Pricing was announced today for the Canadian models. Looks like only 3 models for Canada.

A2FB842A-53FC-4C0A-A289-3774C10A6780.jpeg

Sport S - $45,495 / Overland - $49,495 / Rubicon - $52,496
Sponsored

CaliJK

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
No way. Was that sent to you by a dealer?

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
No way. Was that sent to you by a dealer?
It was on the straight pipes Instagram story. They were at the dealer conference.

It works out to 8k Canadian cheaper for a Rubi than the US.

CaliJK

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
I was secretly hoping it was dollar for dollar with the US, I had built a nice Rubi semi loaded for 55g, was hoping it would translate to 55g Canadian as well. Won't know for sure till the build and price is up on jeep.ca but at that base price, might have to wait till winter/early 2020 to place my order .

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Pricing was announced today for the Canadian models. Looks like only 3 models for Canada.

A2FB842A-53FC-4C0A-A289-3774C10A6780.jpeg
That’s like a rubi for 36 usd

Sponsored

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
That’s like a rubi for 36 usd
Not sure why the Canadian Jeeps are cheaper than the US?
Same holds true for the JL's after the dollar conversion.
A 2 door Sport S JL is about 6-7000 cheaper in Canada for the same build online, once you convert our Monoply money to US funds.:like:

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I was secretly hoping it was dollar for dollar with the US, I had built a nice Rubi semi loaded for 55g, was hoping it would translate to 55g Canadian as well. Won't know for sure till the build and price is up on jeep.ca but at that base price, might have to wait till winter/early 2020 to place my order .
Honestly if you special order it and get it down to invoice pricing you should be able too. I spec’d mine out too and it was sitting at 56k USD. My goal is 55k Cdn. I think I can make that work. On the JL the options seem to cost less in Canada as well so that should help.

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
It’s due to the exchange rate. We have a low dollar, they have a stronger dollar. When our dollar rises It’s cheaper to buy stuff in the states. When our dollar drops it’s cheaper for Americans to buy Canadian goods.

Not sure why the Canadian Jeeps are cheaper than the US?
Same holds true for the JL's after the dollar conversion.
A 2 door Sport S JL is about 6-7000 cheaper in Canada for the same build online, once you convert our Monoply money to US funds.:like:

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
It’s due to the exchange rate. We have a low dollar, they have a stronger dollar. When our dollar rises It’s cheaper to buy stuff in the states. When our dollar drops it’s cheaper for Americans to buy Canadian goods.
Uh, that doesn't explain why the same Jeep is cheaper to buy in Canada than the US even AFTER the conversion rate is applied.
Go to each countries build and price section for Jeep. Build a Wrangler, do the conversion
math, and you will see that a nice Sport S is cheaper here in Canada.by a lot.

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE GCM
Import fees?

Sponsored

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Import fees?
But it's made in the US, so that still doesn't explain the reason why it's cheaper here in Canada.
I just built a 19 2 door Wrangler Sport S online at both websites. Identical versions.
Canadian base price was $37,500 with options $45,165.
Same rig on Jeep.com was $32,740 with options $40,310.
Using a conversion of 28% difference in CDN to US funds, that makes the CDN version
$32,518 US. That's almost $8000 cheaper. I must be missing something.:facepalm:

HTownGladiator

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020gladiator
But it's made in the US, so that still doesn't explain the reason why it's cheaper here in Canada.
I just built a 19 2 door Wrangler Sport S online at both websites. Identical versions.
Canadian base price was $37,500 with options $45,165.
Same rig on Jeep.com was $32,740 with options $40,310.
Using a conversion of 28% difference in CDN to US funds, that makes the CDN version
$32,518 US. That's almost $8000 cheaper. I must be missing something.:facepalm:
FCA won’t warranty Canadian market vehicles imported to the US. Import tax of 10% due plus fees for bringing it to US spec (gauge cluster, lights, etc).

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
If the Canadian dollar was stronger it would actually be more expensive. About 10-15 years ago our Dollar was on par if not higher than the US for a while. Canadian were flocking to the US to buy brand new American cars because they were saving 10k or more off a brand new car. Manufactures cut the warranties on brand new cars if you imported them back to Canada. It became a big issue. Now that the Canadian dollar isn’t equal cars are less in Canada now then what Americans pay. But overall things are a lot cheaper in the States due to your booming economy. It’s all relative.

Just remember. Even if our dollar goes up it still cost us 52k too but a Rubicon. The difference is the conversion rate due too our dollar difference. If our dollar was on par we’d pay 52k and you’d pay 44k for the same Jeep.

If our economy gets better it doesn’t mean we pay more for cars, it just means that we have better buying power in the US.

Uh, that doesn't explain why the same Jeep is cheaper to buy in Canada than the US even AFTER the conversion rate is applied.
Go to each countries build and price section for Jeep. Build a Wrangler, do the conversion
math, and you will see that a nice Sport S is cheaper here in Canada.by a lot.

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
I wonder why you guys don't have the base sport?

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
Not too bad. The Rubi is overkill for what I need, but a few options on the Sport S will put me at the same damn price I am sure!
Sponsored