Sponsored

Clicking sound driver side door

pkings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner
like title says. I see other threads from about a year ago with others having this problem. Never taken doors off. Tried wd40 . No luck. Its mentioned the fix it jeep replaces the door which sounds crazy and not looking to get a paint job on new door for something like this. Anyone have this and able to figure it out ?
Sponsored

Onebigyoshi

First Name
Haruyoshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Sting grey M/T. Prius...
like title says. I see other threads from about a year ago with others having this problem. Never taken doors off. Tried wd40 . No luck. Its mentioned the fix it jeep replaces the door which sounds crazy and not looking to get a paint job on new door for something like this. Anyone have this and able to figure it out ?
Are you talking about when swinging the door back and forth? If so I'm starting to hear clicking sounds too. I started noticing it yesterday. Kinda bothers me a little bit. Hope there is a solution to it.

OP
OP
pkings

pkings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner
Are you talking about when swinging the door back and forth? If so I'm starting to hear clicking sounds too. I started noticing it yesterday. Kinda bothers me a little bit. Hope there is a solution to it.
Yes

Jay Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red JT
Check the door strap bolt. They can loosen up.

20200904_214454.jpg

Sponsored

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Both of mine make a clicking sound. I'll check that door strap bolt. Would be nice if that worked.

Onebigyoshi

First Name
Haruyoshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Sting grey M/T. Prius...

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
The door strap (actually a door detent link like most vehicles have with non removable doors) can also be defective. My passenger side door detent was making that noise... then it broke off in the door (I like having them over the old school Jeep doors that just swing open on a strap only set up). Some on this forum have unbolted them and pushed them bank into the door.

I had Jeep dealer replace it and no more issues.

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
check the JL site.. sadly a common issue that seems to be internal.. aluminum doors and bonding used fircsteel supports...

Scottism

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I was told it's a bad weld in the door and jeeps knows about it. Had mine in over a month ago for this and a Jeep engineer was in town to look at it. Still waiting for a response from Jeep on the fix but it sounds like their fix is a new door which would then have to be painted