Suma Performance

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Does the blue tint help when the vehicle behind is some a-hole driving with their super bright lights on high and it catches right in the mirrors?
you got it! It's the purpose of the blue mirror, absorbing the super bright lights (anti-glare).
Sponsored

OP
OP
Suma Performance

Suma Performance

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
@Suma Performance - April delivery you think?

Does anyone have them and can speak about the BSM durability. Im on the fence here and contemplating them. Literally my first comment in the Gladiator was, wow the mirrors are shit im glad this one has BSM. my wrangler did not, but its much shorter.
Yes, late April.

Regarding BSM, you gladiator must have the BSM feature.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
You are actually making my point for me. They look blue to people on the outside because they are REFLECTING the blue light back.

What you see when you are wearing them, is light that has had the blue filtered and reflected, not passed on to your eyes.

So yes. All those sunglasses have it exactly right.

FYI -Glare reduction that allows you to see into the water is a direct result of the polarizing. You could actually get the same effect from clear polarized lenses.
Sorry bud, but I’m not. Let me break this down a bit for you. Blue absorbs spectrums of yellow, typically around 470-530nm… hence Costa actually naming their lenses 480 and 520. Yellow is the light spectrum range that is typically associated with the spectrum of light tied to glare. It is NOT glare, it is the color of light tied to glare that is both harmful and causes you to squint due to its brightness.

In your comment you refer to the “reflected” aspect of the lens and assume its blue light being reflected back. The fact of the matter is that it’s not the color of the lens tossing light back, it’s simply the mirror tint. The mirror helps with the actually glare. It can be blue, green, amber, yellow, silver etc. all of which you see because that is the color of the lens with the mirror tint. Silver blocks the most spectrums of light, and they are in effect the “darkest” sunglasses you can wear in the most bright environments. Blue is great for most general bright light envronments and because it filters out yellow, many colors “pop”. It’s also the lens color most frequently used by optometrist for those that are color blind to help them see actually color representation. The colored lens has all to do with the light passing through to you, and nothing to do with the mirrored tint applied to the lens that people looking at you see. A good example of a lens to disprove your mindset is Maui Jim, who employs a hybrid lens. The top and bottom sections are mirrored and the middle is not. Take a look through them, and also look head on… how does your theory work out in that scenario?

Your thought process is a common one that many believe. I figured some good cold hard facts would help clear things up. Just don’t want people reading your comment and take that for fact because someone said it, when in fact the science behind says the opposite.

Sponsored

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
Does the blue tint help when the vehicle behind is some a-hole driving with their super bright lights on high and it catches right in the mirrors?
Yes 100%. In fact, many car companies use blue tint to varying degrees in both the side view mirrors and the rear view mirrors and headlights shiny through is a a major selling point.

JeepCode4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Gladiator HA
Yes 100%. In fact, many car companies use blue tint to varying degrees in both the side view mirrors and the rear view mirrors and headlights shiny through is a a major selling point.
yea i used to have a audi that came stock with blue tint convex mirrors. i really liked them, they worked well.

OP
OP
Suma Performance

Suma Performance

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
yea i used to have a audi that came stock with blue tint convex mirrors. i really liked them, they worked well.
agree! Once you've used blue convex side mirrors, it's hard to go back to the regular ones. đź‘Ť