• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Sold: Arizona Complete Pair of Gladiator Rubicon Axles - $4,000

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Owner - New River Offroad
I have a pair of Gladiator Rubicon Axles that were removed to upgrade to Currie Axles. There were less than 3,000 miles on these axles when they were removed. Please PM me for more details or photos. Thanks! O|||||||O
Sponsored

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
I’m kinda curios about the asking price on these and what you get for them. I have someone that may be selling a set local to me. He was gonna ask 3-4 too. Seems like a decent deal but if u can spend 2000 on lockers and another 1000 on better gearing 3-4000 doesn’t seem logical. So I’m curious what the going rate on these are which is probably around this price. Good luck with the sale hopefully they go to a good home.

OP
OP
kickingaz

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I’m kinda curios about the asking price on these and what you get for them. I have someone that may be selling a set local to me. He was gonna ask 3-4 too. Seems like a decent deal but if u can spend 2000 on lockers and another 1000 on better gearing 3-4000 doesn’t seem logical. So I’m curious what the going rate on these are which is probably around this price. Good luck with the sale hopefully they go to a good home.
I was going to go the ARB route as well when these became available to me. Then we decided to keep my wife's JLU Rubicon which is much more of a rock crawler that the Gladiator is/could be. One other thing you have to factor into the ARB is the air pump to run the system. I have also been told that there have been some problems lately with the air valves failing on the ARBs, but hopefully they have that resolved by now. The axle swap is also an easier install as you don't have to open the differential and install the ARB but rather unbolt the entire axle assembly. That was my thought process when I bought these.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
This is the only way to get an eLocker. So the only alternative right now is 2k in lockers that require some drilling (ie additional labor) + an air system. Also unless you have a Max Tow your upgrading your still going to have the narrower axles.. For an overland or Non Max Tow Sport model I think that this makes more sense

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
I was going to go the ARB route as well when these became available to me. Then we decided to keep my wife's JLU Rubicon which is much more of a rock crawler that the Gladiator is/could be. One other thing you have to factor into the ARB is the air pump to run the system. I have also been told that there have been some problems lately with the air valves failing on the ARBs, but hopefully they have that resolved by now. The axle swap is also an easier install as you don't have to open the differential and install the ARB but rather unbolt the entire axle assembly. That was my thought process when I bought these.
Someone told me that too but ARB lockers have been around a long time are by far the strongest ones out there. I think majority of time it’s user error when there are problems. It’s also nice being able to lock in 4wd or 2wd if needed. I guess I’ll wait and see what this guys offers. If I could get them for 3000 and sell mine for 1500 I think this would be the way to go for sure.

Sponsored

OP
OP
kickingaz

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Someone told me that too but ARB lockers have been around a long time are by far the strongest ones out there. I think majority of time it’s user error when there are problems. It’s also nice being able to lock in 4wd or 2wd if needed. I guess I’ll wait and see what this guys offers. If I could get them for 3000 and sell mine for 1500 I think this would be the way to go for sure.
That was my thought. You come out ahead as you still have 4.10 wide axles to sell after the swap.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
"By far the strongest" is a bold statement, first off. ARB is working within the same interior dimensions as every other differential, including the e-lockers.

Secondly, it only takes a Tazer JL for $300 to get 2Hi-4Hi lockers and swaybar disconnect on a JTR.

Having on-board air has merits of its own, but a Viair in a bag is a good solution at a fraction of the cost.

Finally, who is going to buy your narrow unlocked axles?

I've setup a couple of Ford rear axles with upgraded LSD's, it's WORK. At this point I'll cheerfully pay the $1500 an axle to have my local 4x4 shop drop in a limited slip or locker. I'm sure that's the math driving the offered price for a pair of complete electric locker/wide D44's. If you have 3.73's then you need to factor in the 4.10 gears as well, unless you want 4.56/4.88's.

Don't want to rain on your parade, but you'll want to be realistic about what the actual costs will be, even DIY.

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
"By far the strongest" is a bold statement, first off. ARB is working within the same interior dimensions as every other differential, including the e-lockers.

Secondly, it only takes a Tazer JL for $300 to get 2Hi-4Hi lockers and swaybar disconnect on a JTR.

Having on-board air has merits of its own, but a Viair in a bag is a good solution at a fraction of the cost.

Finally, who is going to buy your narrow unlocked axles?

I've setup a couple of Ford rear axles with upgraded LSD's, it's WORK. At this point I'll cheerfully pay the $1500 an axle to have my local 4x4 shop drop in a limited slip or locker. I'm sure that's the math driving the offered price for a pair of complete electric locker/wide D44's. If you have 3.73's then you need to factor in the 4.10 gears as well, unless you want 4.56/4.88's.

Don't want to rain on your parade, but you'll want to be realistic about what the actual costs will be, even DIY.
what the heck are you talking about?? What unrealistic crap are you talking about? Not to rain on your nonsense parade but you offered nothing to this conversation. Obviously, you missed this whole conversation.

khokhonutt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 2004 Jeep Wrangler Sport
what the heck are you talking about?? What unrealistic crap are you talking about? Not to rain on your nonsense parade but you offered nothing to this conversation. Obviously, you missed this whole conversation.
I think his point is that you were a bit optimistic on your numbers, when trying to debate the going rate on Rubicon axle take-offs. $2000 for lockers is accurate if you want ARBs, but you do need to add $$$ for an onboard air solution and setup. Then I'd like to know where you're getting gears setup for $1000. The cheapest I've seen that service offered is closer to $1500, when you factor in the setup kits and frankly gearing isn't something I'd trust with the cheapest offer. The gears themselves, if you need them, would add to that total.

From what I've seen the $3000-$4000 price tag for Rubi take-offs is the going rate right now because it's the best game in town for a turn key swap. Other places selling axles, with lockers and gears setup are a minimum of double the price. Even if you're willing to upgrade your own axles, if you don't want ARB lockers, there are literally no other options at this point. I know, because I've been looking for lockers for my max tow axles and the only ones available are the ARB lockers.

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
I think his point is that you were a bit optimistic on your numbers, when trying to debate the going rate on Rubicon axle take-offs. $2000 for lockers is accurate if you want ARBs, but you do need to add $$$ for an onboard air solution and setup. Then I'd like to know where you're getting gears setup for $1000. The cheapest I've seen that service offered is closer to $1500, when you factor in the setup kits and frankly gearing isn't something I'd trust with the cheapest offer. The gears themselves, if you need them, would add to that total.

From what I've seen the $3000-$4000 price tag for Rubi take-offs is the going rate right now because it's the best game in town for a turn key swap. Other places selling axles, with lockers and gears setup are a minimum of double the price. Even if you're willing to upgrade your own axles, if you don't want ARB lockers, there are literally no other options at this point. I know, because I've been looking for lockers for my max tow axles and the only ones available are the ARB lockers.
Im quoting rough numbers. The problem with the Rubi take offs you still have to regear. So 4000 plus 1500 your looking at 5500. 300-500 bucks for on board air plus 2000 lockers plus 1500 for proper regear and your at 3800. That’s a significant savings.

Sponsored

khokhonutt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 2004 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Im quoting rough numbers. The problem with the Rubi take offs you still have to regear. So 4000 plus 1500 your looking at 5500. 300-500 bucks for on board air plus 2000 lockers plus 1500 for proper regear and your at 3800. That’s a significant savings.
Sure. If you're otherwise happy with the axles you have and if you're good with ARB air lockers, you're correct. There's no reason you would buy Rubicon axles. But if you prefer e-lockers and you want the wide track axles, your only option at this point are the Rubicon take offs (or get a mortgage and start shopping Dynatrac, Currie or Mopar axles). Of those three options, the Mopar Rubicon crate axles are the most reasonable, but you're still talking around $8000, plus regearing the rear axle.

Depends on what you're willing to spend and how long you're willing to wait. I think the problem thus far is there hasn't been a locker aftermarket for Rubicon width axles because people with those axles aren't shopping for replacement lockers (unless they've broken something). That's my biggest regret with my max tow axle choice. I didn't figure on aftermarket lockers being almost non-existent.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I did the math with Rubi Take off's vs ARB's in a spreadsheet & tried to compare as apples to apples as I could get. Ultimately the Rubi take off's would of saved me about 700 dollars (thats at 4500 for the axles) vs going full ARB (already have the compressor) after selling my stock axles for 1500. That was including chromeoly shafts all around as well. If I was not on a Max Tow already I would opt for the Rubicon vs ARB because of the width. As I already have the width & the air the cost difference was close enough that it doesn't make sense to not go ARB.

If I didnt have the air it would be about 1000 saved doing the Rubi Swap.
If I didnt have the air or the width then its a complete no brainer.

4500 is a fair price for the take off's as if you don't have lockers & want them then your alternative is going to be considerably more expensive. If we were talking about a JK or any other older jeep it would be a much different story. But were on this new platform & options are limited.

OP
OP
kickingaz

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
One week bump

OP
OP
kickingaz

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Price drop to $3,750.

OP
OP
kickingaz

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
$3,500 for complete set of axles with brake rotors and calipers.
Sponsored