Sponsored

Converting to stubby steel front bumper on JT?

Mthorsen

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon
Occupation
Teacher/ FB coach
To make a Stubby out of the factory steel bumper, do you just un bolt the two end caps From the bumper? Didn’t know if there was any wiring issues
Sponsored

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
That’s it. Just unbolt them and they slide off. Then screw the bolts back on the stubby bumper.

Bacon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR-LE
I love this factory bumper. I took off the wings and used an existing pair of bolts to mount my lights. Thumbs up to FCA on the design. I’ve had LoD and AEV aftermarket bumpers before, but the one complaint I have with those is that the rust resistance is never on the level of OEM.

uplandgunner

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
That factory steel bumper is an expensive option you should avoid. Get the plastic one and replace with much better bumpers at half the cost already winch capable without adding another costly winch plate.

Sponsored

Phred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Green Gladiator Rubicon
That factory steel bumper is an expensive option you should avoid. Get the plastic one and replace with much better bumpers at half the cost already winch capable without adding another costly winch plate.
Well, that’s not what he asked...he already has a Rubicon and wants to go to the shorty version.

Phred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Green Gladiator Rubicon
To make a Stubby out of the factory steel bumper, do you just un bolt the two end caps From the bumper? Didn’t know if there was any wiring issues
Like others state, easy peasy...have a look at my picture to the left.

OP
OP
Mthorsen

Mthorsen

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon
Occupation
Teacher/ FB coach
I love this factory bumper. I took off the wings and used an existing pair of bolts to mount my lights. Thumbs up to FCA on the design. I’ve had LoD and AEV aftermarket bumpers before, but the one complaint I have with those is that the rust resistance is never on the level of OEM.
Any pics before I start

Gladiator Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JTR
Jeep Gladiator Converting to stubby steel front bumper on JT? 2E93C0E2-5400-4A6B-812E-DC9D21E89D7A

There are maybe 4-5 bolts per wing. I can’t remember if they are 45 or 47mm Torx, but it’s one of those. It’s quite a simple job. The wings were heavier than I thought, but not very heavy at the same time.
Not intending to hijack the thread but what lights are those? Been looking for some.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mthorsen

Mthorsen

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon
Occupation
Teacher/ FB coach
Jeep Gladiator Converting to stubby steel front bumper on JT? 2E93C0E2-5400-4A6B-812E-DC9D21E89D7A

There are maybe 4-5 bolts per wing. I can’t remember if they are 45 or 47mm Torx, but it’s one of those. It’s quite a simple job. The wings were heavier than I thought, but not very heavy at the same time.
Thanks, me 2, really like the lights

Bacon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR-LE
They’re Baja Designs LP6 Driving lights in amber. I got them from River City Off-road, who happens to have them on sale ending tomorrow.

OP
OP
Mthorsen

Mthorsen

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon
Occupation
Teacher/ FB coach
They’re Baja Designs LP6 Driving lights in amber. I got them from River City Off-road, who happens to have them on sale ending tomorrow.
Thanks

max toe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito, 1998 audi
One of the eziest mods u can do is to remove end caps. And looks great as bonus.
Sponsored