Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
LAV Turret Technician
Hey all,
Moving from the east coast to Utah.
Posting at the halfway point just because I have some thoughts on my Gladiator's performance so far. We'll start with some quick stats:
Empty weight according to scale: 4640 lbs
Loaded weight with trailer and all passengers: 10260 lbs

Total miles so far: 1342

Average Mpg: 13.1

Currently sitting in the middle of Nebraska and I can honestly say that I've quite enjoyed the drive so far. The amount of power the 3.6 provides seems perfectly fine, even with 3.73 gears (although I did throw the stock tires and wheels back on to save my nice ones from all the wear).
The JKS lift I have installed seems to be coping just fine with all of the load between the trailer and the other cargo I have.
Finally the electronic stability control was a super big help today when a huge gust of wind caught the trailer.
Overall the JT has been a very enjoyable towing experience and I'm sure the next 900 will go just as smooth.
Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Ever been there? If not in for a total change. No good beer, or alcohol in general. But hey ya got the salt flats. Nevada and Colorado ain't to dar away. Great wheeling.

OP
OP
arosen1997

arosen1997

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
LAV Turret Technician
Ever been there? If not in for a total change. No good beer, or alcohol in general. But hey ya got the salt flats. Nevada and Colorado ain't to dar away. Great wheeling.
I have, visited for about 10 days back in April to look for a place to live.
Also I've already been discussing with my buddy's back home about a smokey and the bandit trip across country to bring some good beer out there.
I'll also only be 4 hours from Moab so there's definitely some other bright sides.

OP
OP
arosen1997

arosen1997

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
LAV Turret Technician
Alright, final numbers are in, now include the drive to Denver and the final slog over the rockies. Really felt the power loss up above 8000ft but aside from that I didn't see a single temp go over halfway on my gauges, which means either jeep is giving us fake/not accurate digital gauges or the cooling even on the non max tow is well above the pedigree needed because it was 99 degrees the entire last day climbing all those hills. Oh well. Does anyone know if there's a specific ECU flash the dealers would do for living up at 4500ft instead of down at sea level in the Lejeune swamps?
PXL_20210618_191421901.jpg